Csound 6 and MnGW 4.8.1

Michael Gogins-2
I have run into another problem with Csound 6 on Windows built with MinGW 4.8.1. It seems that the libstdc++-6.dll that this compiler uses and that I install with Csound is not compatible with another libstdc++-6.dll that I found in my Windows SysWOW64 directory (evidently installed there by some other installer).

This incompatible DLL causes CsoundAC to crash (specifically, ofstream can't open). I proved this by compiling an all C++ piece of mine and then running it. The piece crashed with the SysWOW64 DLL and ran with the MinGW DLL

This might be OK if I can convince my piece or the CsoundAC binaries to always load the MinGW libstdc++-6.dll.

Does anyone know how to do this? Running the piece in the Csound bin directory where the MinGW DLLs are does work, but this is awkward, and too much to ask for most users.

Removing the MinGW DLL from SysWOW64 caused my user profile to become corrupted and cost me 2 hours of work to restore it.

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

Re: Csound 6 and MnGW 4.8.1

Michael Gogins-2
Thanks for the suggestion. It seems that the Windows operating systems may silently load libraries from other than expected locations. This would explain several funny things I saw recently. I am investigating and may attempt a manifest file.