[CsndTek] Muffled effect

M.Worgan
Hi,
I haven't been using csound for very long and I was wondering if someone
may have some advice for me.

I'm trying to 'muffle' a vocal sample - i.e. take away all the
pronounciation while keeping the overall gain the same. I'm using the
diskin opcode and i've been experimenting with the butter
filters to try and achive this but I'm not having much luck.

Has anyone tried anything similar or have any advice even if they haven't?
Perhaps there is an appropriate opcode I should be using?

Thanks muchly!

Max.

Re: [CsndTek] Muffled effect

John Nowak
You might do well with a low-frequency bandpass with high resonance.

On May 13, 2005, at 3:06 AM, M.Worgan wrote:

> Hi,
> I haven't been using csound for very long and I was wondering if
> someone
> may have some advice for me.
>
> I'm trying to 'muffle' a vocal sample - i.e. take away all the
> pronounciation while keeping the overall gain the same. I'm using the
> diskin opcode and i've been experimenting with the butter
> filters to try and achive this but I'm not having much luck.
>
> Has anyone tried anything similar or have any advice even if they
> haven't?
> Perhaps there is an appropriate opcode I should be using?
>
> Thanks muchly!
>
> Max.

Re: [CsndTek] Muffled effect

Michael Bechard
You might try to use the cross2 opcode combined with a
lowpass filter, like someone else mentioned.  cross2
can often yield some interesting results, to say the
least.

Michael Bechard
--- "M.Worgan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I haven't been using csound for very long and I was
> wondering if someone
> may have some advice for me.
>
> I'm trying to 'muffle' a vocal sample - i.e. take
> away all the
> pronounciation while keeping the overall gain the
> same. I'm using the
> diskin opcode and i've been experimenting with the
> butter
> filters to try and achive this but I'm not having
> much luck.
>
> Has anyone tried anything similar or have any advice
> even if they haven't?
> Perhaps there is an appropriate opcode I should be
> using?
>
> Thanks muchly!
>
> Max.

Yahoo! Mail