[Csnd] while and until with i-conditionals

[Csnd] while and until with i-conditionals

gsenna
Hi,

I was reading about while and until in the new Springer book and it said
that "these loops will work at i-time and perf-time if the condition is
i-time". I'm wondering how can we prove that statement. My reasoning is
that all the perf-code inside a loop would never get executed because in
order to go from init-time to perf-time with Csound, the i-time loop
itself must have already ended. Otherwise we'll still be at
initialization time. Does this make sense to you?

Cheers.

Re: [Csnd] while and until with i-conditionals

Victor Lazzarini-2
No. If the loop was only i-time only, it would only repeat at i-time. At perf time it would be ignored.

> On 24 Sep 2017, at 21:12, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was reading about while and until in the new Springer book and it said
> that "these loops will work at i-time and perf-time if the condition is
> i-time". I'm wondering how can we prove that statement. My reasoning is
> that all the perf-code inside a loop would never get executed because in
> order to go from init-time to perf-time with Csound, the i-time loop
> itself must have already ended. Otherwise we'll still be at
> initialization time. Does this make sense to you?
>
> Cheers.

Re: [Csnd] while and until with i-conditionals

gsenna
So, a reminder for the second edition maybe? Is there an address where
the erratas are listed? (The book is great!)

On 24/09/17 17:30, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> No. If the loop was only i-time only, it would only repeat at i-time. At perf time it would be ignored.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 24 Sep 2017, at 21:12, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was reading about while and until in the new Springer book and it said
>> that "these loops will work at i-time and perf-time if the condition is
>> i-time". I'm wondering how can we prove that statement. My reasoning is
>> that all the perf-code inside a loop would never get executed because in
>> order to go from init-time to perf-time with Csound, the i-time loop
>> itself must have already ended. Otherwise we'll still be at
>> initialization time. Does this make sense to you?
>>
>> Cheers.

Re: [Csnd] while and until with i-conditionals

Victor Lazzarini-2
yep, it was a slip. The i- condition makes it an i-time loop, and a k- condition makes it a
perf-time loop. I’ve added it to the errata, thanks for pointing it out.