[Csnd] wgflute: trouble with release/decay

[Csnd] wgflute: trouble with release/decay

Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
as stated, I have trouble with the wgflute opcode. I try to fade out on the
decay/release of the tone, but whatever I do it doesn't help. Attached you'll
find my .csd, if that is somehow lost through the list, you'll also find it
pasted below. Any help is welcome. :)

Best wishes,

jeanette
*** begin flute.csd ***
<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>
-o flute.wav -W
</CsOptions>
; ==============================================
<CsInstruments>

sr = 48000
ksmps = 1
nchnls = 2
0dbfs = 1

instr 1
  xtratim .1
  kamp linsegr 0, .02, 1, p3-.32, 1, .3, .0, .1, 0
  kfamp linseg 1, p3-.1, 1, .1, .001
  kfreq init 220
  kjet init .08
  iatt init .1
  idetk init .1
  kngain line .7, p3, .4
  kvibf init .1
  kvamp init 0
  ifn init 1
  iminfreq init 165
  ijetrf init .5
  iendrf init .7
  aflute wgflute kfamp, kfreq, kjet, iatt, idetk, kngain, kvibf, kvamp, ifn, \
  iminfreq, ijetrf, iendrf
  aflute = aflute * kamp
  outs aflute, aflute
endin

</CsInstruments>
; ==============================================
<CsScore>
f1 0 32768 10 1
i1 0 3
</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>
*** end flute.csd ***

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's a girl in the mirror
I wonder who she is
Sometimes I think I know her
Sometimes I really wish I did <3
(Britney Spears)

flute.csd (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] wgflute: trouble with release/decay

jpff
Havr you tried adding a dcblockr to the output?  This physial model as a
large 0Hz offset.  Otherwise your kfamp looks to overshoot after 3sec if I
read it correctly

Re: [Csnd] wgflute: trouble with release/decay

Jeanette C.
Sep 18 2018, jpff has written:

> Havr you tried adding a dcblockr to the output?  This physial model as a
> large 0Hz offset.
I have now, no change in the final short return of the sound, though i'm
starting to incorporate it.
> Otherwise your kfamp looks to overshoot after 3sec if I
> read it correctly
kamp might be overshootinbg by .1 second, but I've added the xtratim
again, though I had a feeling before that it does nothing to my problem,
which it doesn't. :(

I'm quite happy with the sound now, but still bothered by the systematic
issue of the sound returning for that final peak, eventhough I've faded
everything down.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's a girl in the mirror
I wonder who she is
Sometimes I think I know her
Sometimes I really wish I did <3
(Britney Spears)

Re: [Csnd] wgflute: trouble with release/decay

jpff
I think the final peak is related  to idetk as it srarts 00s from the end
of the note but setting it to zero still has the peak.  Rather stumped at
present but I have trieda number of things.  Next stage is to review the
code!

Re: [Csnd] wgflute: trouble with release/decay

Jeanette C.
Sep 18 2018, jpff has written:

> I think the final peak is related  to idetk as it srarts 00s from the end of
> the note but setting it to zero still has the peak.  Rather stumped at
> present but I have trieda number of things.  Next stage is to review the
> code!
Thanks John, you're a jewel.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's a girl in the mirror
I wonder who she is
Sometimes I think I know her
Sometimes I really wish I did <3
(Britney Spears)

Re: [Csnd] wgflute: trouble with release/decay

It is certainly related to idetk.  If I set that to a arge number like 1
(second) I see/hear a large sound bulge and clearly voiced rather than
noise.  I tink ythe model is stoping the jet of air in a way that the
voiced region comes prominent before the end of the note.  Apart from
fiddling wuth the parameters I cannot think what to suggest.  I have been
removing your envekopes and the line og kngain to see if I am interpret
the effect, but so far with limited success.  I suppose you counld cheat
at envelope out the last 0.1s of the note?