[Csnd] vbap broken?

Marco Stroppa-2
Hello, csounders,

I wonder whether something happened to the latest version of Csound (6.11). If I run the example with vbap4 (taken from the manual, see csd attached), which did run on 6.09, I get a segmentation fault (see Csound output). Was something broken in the version, or am I doing something wrong? Any workarounds?

Thank you in advance for any kind of advice/help/suggestion.

Marco

vbap.csd (1K) Download Attachment
vbap4-output.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] vbap broken?

jpff
I thought that but had been fixed.  Is it still broken in 6.12?

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Oct 4, 2018, 10:32, at 10:32, Eduardo Moguillansky <[hidden email]> wrote:

>vbap4, vbap8 and vbap16 are only "shortcuts" to the more general vbap,
>which implements any amount of channels up to 128. If you change your
>code to use "vbap" instead of "vbap4" then it runs as expected. The
>segmentation fault happens during initialization
>
>Eduardo
>
>On 10/4/18 10:58 AM, Marco Stroppa wrote:
>> Hello, csounders,
>>
>> I wonder whether something happened to the latest version of Csound
>> (6.11). If I run the example with vbap4 (taken from the manual, see
>> csd attached), which did run on 6.09, I get a segmentation fault (see
>
>> Csound output). Was something broken in the version, or am I doing
>> something wrong? Any workarounds?
>>
>> Thank you in advance for any kind of advice/help/suggestion.
>>

>> Marco
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>> features can be posted here
>
>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] vbap broken?

Works for me; so perhaps it was fixed.  I am running latest version from
github (develop)

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018, Marco Stroppa wrote:

> Hello, csounders,
>
> I wonder whether something happened to the latest version of Csound (6.11). If
> I run the example with vbap4 (taken from the manual, see csd attached), which
> did run on 6.09, I get a segmentation fault (see Csound output). Was something
> broken in the version, or am I doing something wrong? Any workarounds?
>
> Thank you in advance for any kind of advice/help/suggestion.
>

> Marco

Re: [Csnd] vbap broken?

Apologies; yes it breaks for me.  Will look at the code closer

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018, Marco Stroppa wrote:

> Hello, csounders,
>
> I wonder whether something happened to the latest version of Csound (6.11). If
> I run the example with vbap4 (taken from the manual, see csd attached), which
> did run on 6.09, I get a segmentation fault (see Csound output). Was something
> broken in the version, or am I doing something wrong? Any workarounds?
>
> Thank you in advance for any kind of advice/help/suggestion.
>

> Marco

Re: [Csnd] vbap broken?

jpff
And now fixed.  Left over code that shoud have been removed...  My fault.

Re: [Csnd] vbap broken?

Victor Lazzarini-2
Great result.

> On 4 Oct 2018, at 17:58, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> And now fixed.  Left over code that shoud have been removed...  My fault.

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] vbap broken?

Marco Stroppa-2
Thank you very much for the very quick fix. I suppose, it will be available with the next version of Csound.

Best,

Marco

Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2018, 18:59:11 MESZ hat Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> Folgendes geschrieben:

Great result.

> On 4 Oct 2018, at 17:58, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> And now fixed.  Left over code that shoud have been removed...  My fault.

>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] vbap broken?

jpff
Yes, but use chap opcode instead as that works now.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Oct 4, 2018, 22:36, at 22:36, Marco Stroppa <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Thank you very much for the very quick fix. I suppose, it will be
>available with the next version of Csound.
>Best,
>
>Marco
>Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2018, 18:59:11 MESZ hat Victor Lazzarini
><[hidden email]> Folgendes geschrieben:
>
> Great result.
>
>Victor Lazzarini
>Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>Maynooth University
>Ireland
>
>> On 4 Oct 2018, at 17:58, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> And now fixed.  Left over code that shoud have been removed...  My
>fault.

>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>
>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] vbap broken?

joachim-3
(chap = vbap)
=)