[Csnd] v6.10 VST

sjakops
Hi, I wonder where I can download the windows build that includes VST
opcodes..?
Best regards,
Søren

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

Michael Gogins-2
The vst4cs opcodes are now built and packaged by default in the
regular Csound releases for Windows. You can get the lastest official
release here (https://github.com/csound/csound/releases) and the
current test build of the Windows installer here
(https://ci.appveyor.com/project/csound/csound/history). Let us know
if these don't work. Keep in mind that this build is for 64 bit CPU
architecture and older VST hosts and plugins may be built for 32 bit
CPU architecture which is not compatible. You may be able to use a VST
bridge in that case.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 6:58 AM, sjakops <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I wonder where I can download the windows build that includes VST
> opcodes..?
> Best regards,
> Søren
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

sjakops
Ok, then I think there may be a problem with that release
build/installer - on my machine, Windows 10 x64, the vstinit opcode is
not recognized ('syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT').
I am using a 64 bit VST so that should not be the problem.
Søren

On 2/7/18, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The vst4cs opcodes are now built and packaged by default in the
> regular Csound releases for Windows. You can get the lastest official
> release here (https://github.com/csound/csound/releases) and the
> current test build of the Windows installer here
> (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/csound/csound/history). Let us know
> if these don't work. Keep in mind that this build is for 64 bit CPU
> architecture and older VST hosts and plugins may be built for 32 bit
> CPU architecture which is not compatible. You may be able to use a VST
> bridge in that case.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 6:58 AM, sjakops <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, I wonder where I can download the windows build that includes VST
>> opcodes..?
>> Best regards,
>> Søren
>>

>> --
>> Sent from:
>> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

rorywalsh
The current appveyor script doesn't produce these opcodes, but you can get a prebuilt version of the cst4cs dll in this installer:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/anolu8ywbanonxd1/artifacts/msvc%2Fcsound-windows-x64-6.11.0-beta-1282.exe
Note that CsoundQT in this installer is not working properly, so the best thing is to is simply install it somewhere, copy and paste the vst4cs.dll to your Csound dir, and then uninstall.

Mike, I can't quite recall, but I thought these opcodes were also being moved to their own unique repo? I assume that's why they are no longer part of the AppVeyor CI.

On 8 February 2018 at 00:37, Søren Jakobsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, then I think there may be a problem with that release
build/installer - on my machine, Windows 10 x64, the vstinit opcode is
not recognized ('syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT').
I am using a 64 bit VST so that should not be the problem.
Søren

On 2/7/18, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The vst4cs opcodes are now built and packaged by default in the
> regular Csound releases for Windows. You can get the lastest official
> release here (https://github.com/csound/csound/releases) and the
> current test build of the Windows installer here
> (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/csound/csound/history). Let us know
> if these don't work. Keep in mind that this build is for 64 bit CPU
> architecture and older VST hosts and plugins may be built for 32 bit
> CPU architecture which is not compatible. You may be able to use a VST
> bridge in that case.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 6:58 AM, sjakops <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, I wonder where I can download the windows build that includes VST
>> opcodes..?
>> Best regards,
>> Søren
>>

>> --
>> Sent from:
>> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

sjakops
There seems to be the same issue with version 6.11 on my machine, and
I can't find vst4cs.dll anywhere.
Søren

On 2/8/18, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The current appveyor script doesn't produce these opcodes, but you can get
> a prebuilt version of the cst4cs dll in this installer:
> https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/anolu8ywbanonxd1/artifacts/msvc%2Fcsound-windows-x64-6.11.0-beta-1282.exe
> Note that CsoundQT in this installer is not working properly, so the best
> thing is to is simply install it somewhere, copy and paste the vst4cs.dll
> to your Csound dir, and then uninstall.
>
> Mike, I can't quite recall, but I thought these opcodes were also being
> moved to their own unique repo? I assume that's why they are no longer part
> of the AppVeyor CI.
>
> On 8 February 2018 at 00:37, Søren Jakobsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ok, then I think there may be a problem with that release
>> build/installer - on my machine, Windows 10 x64, the vstinit opcode is
>> not recognized ('syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT').
>> I am using a 64 bit VST so that should not be the problem.
>> Søren
>>
>> On 2/7/18, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > The vst4cs opcodes are now built and packaged by default in the
>> > regular Csound releases for Windows. You can get the lastest official
>> > release here (https://github.com/csound/csound/releases) and the
>> > current test build of the Windows installer here
>> > (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/csound/csound/history). Let us know
>> > if these don't work. Keep in mind that this build is for 64 bit CPU
>> > architecture and older VST hosts and plugins may be built for 32 bit
>> > CPU architecture which is not compatible. You may be able to use a VST
>> > bridge in that case.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Mike
>> >
>> > -----------------------------------------------------
>> > Michael Gogins
>> > Irreducible Productions
>> > http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>> > Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

rorywalsh
Sorry, I think I posted the wrong link. It's shouldn't be a 6.11 beta. Can you try this one:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/5eiai835gyy0rd9q/artifacts/msvc%2Fcsound-windows-x64-6.10.0-rc2-1188.exe

On 8 February 2018 at 11:29, Søren Jakobsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
There seems to be the same issue with version 6.11 on my machine, and
I can't find vst4cs.dll anywhere.
Søren

On 2/8/18, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The current appveyor script doesn't produce these opcodes, but you can get
> a prebuilt version of the cst4cs dll in this installer:
> https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/anolu8ywbanonxd1/artifacts/msvc%2Fcsound-windows-x64-6.11.0-beta-1282.exe
> Note that CsoundQT in this installer is not working properly, so the best
> thing is to is simply install it somewhere, copy and paste the vst4cs.dll
> to your Csound dir, and then uninstall.
>
> Mike, I can't quite recall, but I thought these opcodes were also being
> moved to their own unique repo? I assume that's why they are no longer part
> of the AppVeyor CI.
>
> On 8 February 2018 at 00:37, Søren Jakobsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ok, then I think there may be a problem with that release
>> build/installer - on my machine, Windows 10 x64, the vstinit opcode is
>> not recognized ('syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT').
>> I am using a 64 bit VST so that should not be the problem.
>> Søren
>>
>> On 2/7/18, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > The vst4cs opcodes are now built and packaged by default in the
>> > regular Csound releases for Windows. You can get the lastest official
>> > release here (https://github.com/csound/csound/releases) and the
>> > current test build of the Windows installer here
>> > (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/csound/csound/history). Let us know
>> > if these don't work. Keep in mind that this build is for 64 bit CPU
>> > architecture and older VST hosts and plugins may be built for 32 bit
>> > CPU architecture which is not compatible. You may be able to use a VST
>> > bridge in that case.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Mike
>> >
>> > -----------------------------------------------------
>> > Michael Gogins
>> > Irreducible Productions
>> > http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>> > Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

sjakops
It works:)
Søren

On 2/8/18, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry, I think I posted the wrong link. It's shouldn't be a 6.11 beta. Can
> you try this one:
> https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/5eiai835gyy0rd9q/artifacts/msvc%2Fcsound-windows-x64-6.10.0-rc2-1188.exe
>

> On 8 February 2018 at 11:29, Søren Jakobsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> There seems to be the same issue with version 6.11 on my machine, and
>> I can't find vst4cs.dll anywhere.
>> Søren
>>
>> On 2/8/18, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > The current appveyor script doesn't produce these opcodes, but you can
>> get
>> > a prebuilt version of the cst4cs dll in this installer:
>> > https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/anolu8ywbanonxd1/
>> artifacts/msvc%2Fcsound-windows-x64-6.11.0-beta-1282.exe
>> > Note that CsoundQT in this installer is not working properly, so the
>> > best
>> > thing is to is simply install it somewhere, copy and paste the
>> > vst4cs.dll
>> > to your Csound dir, and then uninstall.
>> >
>> > Mike, I can't quite recall, but I thought these opcodes were also being
>> > moved to their own unique repo? I assume that's why they are no longer
>> part
>> > of the AppVeyor CI.

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

rorywalsh
Great.

On 8 February 2018 at 15:06, Søren Jakobsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
It works:)
Søren

On 2/8/18, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry, I think I posted the wrong link. It's shouldn't be a 6.11 beta. Can
> you try this one:
> https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/5eiai835gyy0rd9q/artifacts/msvc%2Fcsound-windows-x64-6.10.0-rc2-1188.exe
>

> On 8 February 2018 at 11:29, Søren Jakobsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> There seems to be the same issue with version 6.11 on my machine, and
>> I can't find vst4cs.dll anywhere.
>> Søren
>>
>> On 2/8/18, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > The current appveyor script doesn't produce these opcodes, but you can
>> get
>> > a prebuilt version of the cst4cs dll in this installer:
>> > https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/anolu8ywbanonxd1/
>> artifacts/msvc%2Fcsound-windows-x64-6.11.0-beta-1282.exe
>> > Note that CsoundQT in this installer is not working properly, so the
>> > best
>> > thing is to is simply install it somewhere, copy and paste the
>> > vst4cs.dll
>> > to your Csound dir, and then uninstall.
>> >
>> > Mike, I can't quite recall, but I thought these opcodes were also being
>> > moved to their own unique repo? I assume that's why they are no longer
>> part
>> > of the AppVeyor CI.

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

I agreed to move most of my extensions but I asked Victor to keep the VST stuff in the Csound repo.  He refused.  I no longer have a Windows development machine. The result is the VST features are being maintained by me on Linux where they work fine but now are orphaned on Windows.  I think it would be a good idea for someone to maintain a binary release of vst4cs on Windows.

On Feb 8, 2018 04:11, "Rory Walsh" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The current appveyor script doesn't produce these opcodes, but you can get a prebuilt version of the cst4cs dll in this installer:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/anolu8ywbanonxd1/artifacts/msvc%2Fcsound-windows-x64-6.11.0-beta-1282.exe
Note that CsoundQT in this installer is not working properly, so the best thing is to is simply install it somewhere, copy and paste the vst4cs.dll to your Csound dir, and then uninstall.

Mike, I can't quite recall, but I thought these opcodes were also being moved to their own unique repo? I assume that's why they are no longer part of the AppVeyor CI.

On 8 February 2018 at 00:37, Søren Jakobsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, then I think there may be a problem with that release
build/installer - on my machine, Windows 10 x64, the vstinit opcode is
not recognized ('syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT').
I am using a 64 bit VST so that should not be the problem.
Søren

On 2/7/18, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The vst4cs opcodes are now built and packaged by default in the
> regular Csound releases for Windows. You can get the lastest official
> release here (https://github.com/csound/csound/releases) and the
> current test build of the Windows installer here
> (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/csound/csound/history). Let us know
> if these don't work. Keep in mind that this build is for 64 bit CPU
> architecture and older VST hosts and plugins may be built for 32 bit
> CPU architecture which is not compatible. You may be able to use a VST
> bridge in that case.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 6:58 AM, sjakops <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, I wonder where I can download the windows build that includes VST
>> opcodes..?
>> Best regards,
>> Søren
>>

>> --
>> Sent from:
>> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

rorywalsh
I would have thought it would be relatively straight forward to set up an Appveyor build of this for Windows from your github repo?

On 8 February 2018 at 18:01, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agreed to move most of my extensions but I asked Victor to keep the VST stuff in the Csound repo.  He refused.  I no longer have a Windows development machine. The result is the VST features are being maintained by me on Linux where they work fine but now are orphaned on Windows.  I think it would be a good idea for someone to maintain a binary release of vst4cs on Windows.

On Feb 8, 2018 04:11, "Rory Walsh" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The current appveyor script doesn't produce these opcodes, but you can get a prebuilt version of the cst4cs dll in this installer:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/anolu8ywbanonxd1/artifacts/msvc%2Fcsound-windows-x64-6.11.0-beta-1282.exe
Note that CsoundQT in this installer is not working properly, so the best thing is to is simply install it somewhere, copy and paste the vst4cs.dll to your Csound dir, and then uninstall.

Mike, I can't quite recall, but I thought these opcodes were also being moved to their own unique repo? I assume that's why they are no longer part of the AppVeyor CI.

On 8 February 2018 at 00:37, Søren Jakobsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, then I think there may be a problem with that release
build/installer - on my machine, Windows 10 x64, the vstinit opcode is
not recognized ('syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT').
I am using a 64 bit VST so that should not be the problem.
Søren

On 2/7/18, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The vst4cs opcodes are now built and packaged by default in the
> regular Csound releases for Windows. You can get the lastest official
> release here (https://github.com/csound/csound/releases) and the
> current test build of the Windows installer here
> (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/csound/csound/history). Let us know
> if these don't work. Keep in mind that this build is for 64 bit CPU
> architecture and older VST hosts and plugins may be built for 32 bit
> CPU architecture which is not compatible. You may be able to use a VST
> bridge in that case.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 6:58 AM, sjakops <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, I wonder where I can download the windows build that includes VST
>> opcodes..?
>> Best regards,
>> Søren
>>

>> --
>> Sent from:
>> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

rorywalsh
For anyone else interested, I've added a zip of vst4cs.dll to
https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/tag/6.10.0

On 8 February 2018 at 19:22, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would have thought it would be relatively straight forward to set up an Appveyor build of this for Windows from your github repo?

On 8 February 2018 at 18:01, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agreed to move most of my extensions but I asked Victor to keep the VST stuff in the Csound repo.  He refused.  I no longer have a Windows development machine. The result is the VST features are being maintained by me on Linux where they work fine but now are orphaned on Windows.  I think it would be a good idea for someone to maintain a binary release of vst4cs on Windows.

On Feb 8, 2018 04:11, "Rory Walsh" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The current appveyor script doesn't produce these opcodes, but you can get a prebuilt version of the cst4cs dll in this installer:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/anolu8ywbanonxd1/artifacts/msvc%2Fcsound-windows-x64-6.11.0-beta-1282.exe
Note that CsoundQT in this installer is not working properly, so the best thing is to is simply install it somewhere, copy and paste the vst4cs.dll to your Csound dir, and then uninstall.

Mike, I can't quite recall, but I thought these opcodes were also being moved to their own unique repo? I assume that's why they are no longer part of the AppVeyor CI.

On 8 February 2018 at 00:37, Søren Jakobsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, then I think there may be a problem with that release
build/installer - on my machine, Windows 10 x64, the vstinit opcode is
not recognized ('syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT').
I am using a 64 bit VST so that should not be the problem.
Søren

On 2/7/18, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The vst4cs opcodes are now built and packaged by default in the
> regular Csound releases for Windows. You can get the lastest official
> release here (https://github.com/csound/csound/releases) and the
> current test build of the Windows installer here
> (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/csound/csound/history). Let us know
> if these don't work. Keep in mind that this build is for 64 bit CPU
> architecture and older VST hosts and plugins may be built for 32 bit
> CPU architecture which is not compatible. You may be able to use a VST
> bridge in that case.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 6:58 AM, sjakops <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, I wonder where I can download the windows build that includes VST
>> opcodes..?
>> Best regards,
>> Søren
>>

>> --
>> Sent from:
>> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

PS

To comply with the LGPLv2, the zip with the vst4cs must contain a
notice of where to obtain the source code, that would be both the
Csound repo  and the csound-extended repo.

MKG

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For anyone else interested, I've added a zip of vst4cs.dll to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/tag/6.10.0
>

> On 8 February 2018 at 19:22, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I would have thought it would be relatively straight forward to set up an
>> Appveyor build of this for Windows from your github repo?
>>
>> On 8 February 2018 at 18:01, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agreed to move most of my extensions but I asked Victor to keep the VST
>>> stuff in the Csound repo.  He refused.  I no longer have a Windows
>>> development machine. The result is the VST features are being maintained by
>>> me on Linux where they work fine but now are orphaned on Windows.  I think
>>> it would be a good idea for someone to maintain a binary release of vst4cs
>>> on Windows.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mike

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>>> be posted here

Re: [Csnd] v6.10 VST

rorywalsh
Thanks Mike. I will update this when i get a chance.