[Csnd] use of outch with control of output filenames

[Csnd] use of outch with control of output filenames

C. R. Craig
I would like to be able to specify and change the output filename that is the target for outch. I don’t see any way to do it in the documentation, nor in “Csound—A Sound and Music Computing System.” Can’t use fout since I need to be able to dictate the channel numbers as well.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: [Csnd] use of outch with control of output filenames

Victor Lazzarini-2
That is the main output buffer, set by the -o option.

> On 13 Mar 2018, at 17:52, C. R. Craig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would like to be able to specify and change the output filename that is the target for outch. I don’t see any way to do it in the documentation, nor in “Csound—A Sound and Music Computing System.” Can’t use fout since I need to be able to dictate the channel numbers as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

Re: [Csnd] use of outch with control of output filenames

C. R. Craig
Yes, this is the one I’m looking to change during the execution of a .csd . . .

Thanks,
Robert

> On Mar 13, 2018, at 11:25 AM, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> That is the main output buffer, set by the -o option.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 13 Mar 2018, at 17:52, C. R. Craig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to be able to specify and change the output filename that is the target for outch. I don’t see any way to do it in the documentation, nor in “Csound—A Sound and Music Computing System.” Can’t use fout since I need to be able to dictate the channel numbers as well.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Robert
>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] use of outch with control of output filenames

jpff
Not sure I undesand what you are wanting to achieve but maybe these
thoughts may be relevant

If you have a maximu of N channels then creae an array of length N and
populate with the filen handles for the fies you want.  Thse can be
changed later if necessary

Run whatever you need to do and where you do fout instead write the audio
to an a-rate array at the index of the channel.

At a high numbered instrument in a loop do fout to the handles (from the
i-array) from the a-rate array, and finally clear theaudio array

If you want to change output file for a gven channel then use fiopen to
change the i-array.

As I said not sure if this is what ou need, but naybe might be a clue

==John ff