Quantcast

[Csnd] table opcode with negative index

zappfinger
I am studying Victor's SigReverse UDO. (I need to make my own version of
this, working only on sections of a table.)
I noticed lines like the following:

as1 table  -kwp, ifn, 0, 0, 1  /* reverse tap 1 */
as2 table  -kwp, ifn, 0, ilen/2, 1 /* reverse tap 2 */

A negative index seems to reverse the writing. But this is not mentioned
in the manual:

http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/table.html

Does the reverse writing work from the end of the table back to the
start, if the mode is 0, like in the first line ?

Richard

Re: [Csnd] table opcode with negative index

Victor Lazzarini
If wraparound is turned on, the index is wrapped around the edges of the table,
ie. read modulus (generalise) the table len.