Quantcast

[Csnd] string model

Aidan Collins
I guess this question is mostly for Victor,

in the string models you posted several months ago, the sr = kr, ksmps =1
which is kind of processor heavy.

the table reading and writing seemed to be at a rate, was the only
reason for the high k rate the excitation signal? or am I ignoring
something

Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: [Csnd] string model

Victor Lazzarini
I'm using an allpass filter that has 1-sample feedback delays, so
the only way of doing that is kr=sr. However, the best way of
doing it currently is putting the code in a UDO, which can have
a local kr.

Victor

At 14:56 10/05/2005, you wrote:

>I guess this question is mostly for Victor,
>
>in the string models you posted several months ago, the sr = kr, ksmps =1
>which is kind of processor heavy.
>
>the table reading and writing seemed to be at a rate, was the only
>reason for the high k rate the excitation signal? or am I ignoring
>something

>--
>Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
>               (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Music Technology Laboratory
Music Department
National University of Ireland, Maynooth

--
Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: [Csnd] string model

Aidan Collins
i thought that the krate only affected k rate variables?
since the allpass filters were redefining variables on the next line
of code, wouldn't that happen at a rate?

or if not, could the delay1 opcode be used instead?

On 5/10/05, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using an allpass filter that has 1-sample feedback delays, so
> the only way of doing that is kr=sr. However, the best way of
> doing it currently is putting the code in a UDO, which can have
> a local kr.
>
> Victor
>
> At 14:56 10/05/2005, you wrote:
> >I guess this question is mostly for Victor,
> >
> >in the string models you posted several months ago, the sr = kr, ksmps =1
> >which is kind of processor heavy.
> >
> >the table reading and writing seemed to be at a rate, was the only
> >reason for the high k rate the excitation signal? or am I ignoring
> >something

> >--
> >Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
> >               (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Music Technology Laboratory
> Music Department
> National University of Ireland, Maynooth
>
> --
> Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
>               (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: [Csnd] string model

Victor Lazzarini
the delay1 opcode could be used, and the other filter-design
opcodes. But I forgot to add that the feedback delay in the
waveguide needs kr=sr.

Kr affects everything. It is in effect a by-product of the fact that
we are calculating sound in blocks of ksmps.

Think of the instr code as having an implicit loop that at
every pass updates k and a-rate variables. The k-rate ones
are single values, scalars, whereas a-rate are whole blocks
of ksmps samples. So if you want to have 1-sample delays
you need to set ksmps=1. For the filters I can use delay1, but
the waveguide implementation needs the 1-sample delay.

Victor

At 15:37 10/05/2005, you wrote:

>i thought that the krate only affected k rate variables?
>since the allpass filters were redefining variables on the next line
>of code, wouldn't that happen at a rate?
>
>or if not, could the delay1 opcode be used instead?

>On 5/10/05, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm using an allpass filter that has 1-sample feedback delays, so
> > the only way of doing that is kr=sr. However, the best way of
> > doing it currently is putting the code in a UDO, which can have
> > a local kr.
> >
> > Victor
> >
> > At 14:56 10/05/2005, you wrote:
> > >I guess this question is mostly for Victor,
> > >
> > >in the string models you posted several months ago, the sr = kr, ksmps =1
> > >which is kind of processor heavy.
> > >
> > >the table reading and writing seemed to be at a rate, was the only
> > >reason for the high k rate the excitation signal? or am I ignoring
> > >something

> > >--
> > >Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
> > >               (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )
> >
> > Victor Lazzarini
> > Music Technology Laboratory
> > Music Department
> > National University of Ireland, Maynooth
> >
> > --
> > Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
> >               (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Music Technology Laboratory
Music Department
National University of Ireland, Maynooth

--
Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

[Csnd] UDO problem

Michael Rempel
Hello to all after a long time off the net and this list.

I lost my hard drive a while back, and I need to download the UDOs on the
csounds site again.

I sent DR. B an email, but he has not responded.

When I go to download the UDO file from the csounds site I get an access
forbiden violation.

When I try to log on nothing happens.

Using internet explorer latest. ver 6 sp 1

TIA,

Michael Rempel

--
Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: [Csnd] UDO problem

Steven Yi
Hi Michael,

I think I got it fixed now.  Sorry about that!  Please try again and
let me know if there's any problems.  (Directory was not set as
executable, which I guess was necessary.)

steven