[Csnd] silgne-shot ftable-based audio playback?

[Csnd] silgne-shot ftable-based audio playback?

Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
for performance/triggering reasons I have sounds stored in ftables and need to
play them back. The important constraints are:
1. playback in one instrument
2. the instrument has longer p3 than the sound
3. The sound only plays once and then stops

Is there a ready made opcode to do that for me? I didn't find any, but
candidates that looked almost right. ;)

Alternatively: I could play the sounds from file, but I'd need to iterate over
a few files, kown tome beforehand by name.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You know I'm one of a kind,
There'll never be another me <3
(Britney Spears)

Re: [Csnd] silgne-shot ftable-based audio playback?

Jeanette C.
Oct 3 2018, Rory Walsh has written:

> oscil1. Sorry, autocorrect, although I've no idea what an aocil1 is ?
Hm, the manual says that oscil1 only returns k-rate signals. Pity, it's
another of these almost opcodes.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You know I'm one of a kind,
There'll never be another me <3
(Britney Spears)

Re: [Csnd] silgne-shot ftable-based audio playback?

rorywalsh
Oh, I always assumed it would have an a-rate version. You'll probably have to roll your own.

ifn = 1
aSample tab linseg:a(linseg 0, (ftlen(2)/sr), 1, 1, 1), 1, 1

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 at 23:42, Jeanette C. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oct 3 2018, Rory Walsh has written:

> oscil1. Sorry, autocorrect, although I've no idea what an aocil1 is ?
Hm, the manual says that oscil1 only returns k-rate signals. Pity, it's
another of these almost opcodes.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You know I'm one of a kind,
There'll never be another me <3
(Britney Spears)

Re: [Csnd] single-shot ftable-based audio playback?

Jeanette C.
Oct 3 2018, Rory Walsh has written:
> ifn = 1
> aSample tab linseg:a(linseg 0, (ftlen(2)/sr), 1, 1, 1), 1, 1
that reads like a very neat solution! Thanks a lot!

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways <3
(Britney Spears)

Re: [Csnd] single-shot ftable-based audio playback?

rorywalsh
Apart from the typos, sorry. ifn should be used with the ftlen, and the tab opcode.