[Csnd] setOption in libcsound.js

hlolli
Quick question, from line 12038 to 12148 in libcsound.js there's no setOption to be found, is it defined elsewhere or is it missing? Same goes for start, should I use _CsoundObj_prepareRT or _CsoundObj_play when I want to start csound performance indefinitely?

Re: [Csnd] setOption in libcsound.js

hlolli
I may want to add to my question InputMessage, can't find it either.

On 2 August 2017 at 14:45, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Quick question, from line 12038 to 12148 in libcsound.js there's no setOption to be found, is it defined elsewhere or is it missing? Same goes for start, should I use _CsoundObj_prepareRT or _CsoundObj_play when I want to start csound performance indefinitely?

Re: [Csnd] setOption in libcsound.js

The current functionality is implemented in CsoundObj.js, and I don’t see setOption() there. I have ported the PNaCl frontend csound.js to use this,
you might find it more convenient. In this case, csound.Play() should start it indefinitely. See use examples in emscripten/wasm
(https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/emscripten/wasm/README.md)

> On 2 Aug 2017, at 13:45, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Quick question, from line 12038 to 12148 in libcsound.js there's no setOption to be found, is it defined elsewhere or is it missing? Same goes for start, should I use _CsoundObj_prepareRT or _CsoundObj_play when I want to start csound performance indefinitely?

Re: [Csnd] setOption in libcsound.js

Use readScore() instead.

> On 2 Aug 2017, at 13:55, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I may want to add to my question InputMessage, can't find it either.
>
> On 2 August 2017 at 14:45, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Quick question, from line 12038 to 12148 in libcsound.js there's no setOption to be found, is it defined elsewhere or is it missing? Same goes for start, should I use _CsoundObj_prepareRT or _CsoundObj_play when I want to start csound performance indefinitely?

Re: [Csnd] setOption in libcsound.js

hlolli
Ok very nice, thanks!

On 2 August 2017 at 14:59, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Use readScore() instead.

> On 2 Aug 2017, at 13:55, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I may want to add to my question InputMessage, can't find it either.
>
> On 2 August 2017 at 14:45, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Quick question, from line 12038 to 12148 in libcsound.js there's no setOption to be found, is it defined elsewhere or is it missing? Same goes for start, should I use _CsoundObj_prepareRT or _CsoundObj_play when I want to start csound performance indefinitely?

Re: [Csnd] setOption in libcsound.js

rorywalsh
I would like to be able call my .csd with different command line arguments as needed. This isn't currently possible or? Let's say for example one hosts many MIDI files, I would like to pass the selected file as a command line argument rather than modify the actual .csd file.

Re: [Csnd] setOption in libcsound.js

Victor Lazzarini-2
we need to add setOption() to the interface, no major problems I think.

> On 2 Aug 2017, at 14:48, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would like to be able call my .csd with different command line arguments as needed. This isn't currently possible or? Let's say for example one hosts many MIDI files, I would like to pass the selected file as a command line argument rather than modify the actual .csd file.

Re: [Csnd] setOption in libcsound.js

rorywalsh
There is one major problem for me, I have never succeeded in building the emscripten interface. I'll add a feature request to github.

Another quick question, I'm trying to use the wasm on node.js, instead of the HTML5 webaudio api (window.AudioContext), are there any good replacements like https://www.npmjs.com/package/speaker ?