Quantcast

[Csnd] sensekey

genell
Hi ho!

I was wondering if it is possible to use sensekey from the command line, and if so, if it requires some command line flag?

Regards,
Anders

Re: [Csnd] sensekey

jpff
I tought it was writte for commandline se; does it not work?

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Anders Genell wrote:

> Hi ho!
> I was wondering if it is possible to use sensekey from the command line, and
> if so, if it requires some command line flag?
>
> Regards,
> Anders

Re: [Csnd] sensekey

genell
It doesn't seem to, but I'll check more thoroughly before judging too harshly.

I'm on Debian, but I can't check Csound version right now. If you have the opportunity to try the manual example on you (Suse?) machine that would be great!

Regards,
Anders

> 27 mars 2017 kl. 16:59 skrev jpff <[hidden email]>:
>
> I tought it was writte for commandline se; does it not work?
>
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Anders Genell wrote:
>>
>> Hi ho!
>> I was wondering if it is possible to use sensekey from the command line, and
>> if so, if it requires some command line flag?
>> Regards,
>> Anders
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>> be posted here

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] sensekey

jpff
Worls on SuSe and on my Debial (Whezzy) machine

writing 256 sample blks of 64-bit floats to dac
SECTION 1:
new alloc for instr 1:
  i1    -1.00000
f i1   102.00000
  i1    -1.00000
k i1   107.00000
  i1    -1.00000
k i1   107.00000
  i1    -1.00000
b i1    98.00000
  i1    -1.00000
v i1   118.00000
  i1    -1.00000
a i1    97.00000
  i1    -1.00000
b i1    98.00000
  i1    -1.00000
c i1    99.00000
  i1    -1.00000
d i1   100.00000
  i1    -1.00000
e i1   101.00000
  i1    -1.00000
f i1   102.00000
  i1    -1.00000
^C

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Anders Genell wrote:

> It doesn't seem to, but I'll check more thoroughly before judging too harshly.
>
> I'm on Debian, but I can't check Csound version right now. If you have the opportunity to try the manual example on you (Suse?) machine that would be great!
>
> Regards,
> Anders
>
>> 27 mars 2017 kl. 16:59 skrev jpff <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> I tought it was writte for commandline se; does it not work?
>>
>>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Anders Genell wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi ho!
>>> I was wondering if it is possible to use sensekey from the command line, and
>>> if so, if it requires some command line flag?
>>> Regards,
>>> Anders
>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>>> be posted here

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] sensekey

you probably need to have the terminal in focus where you run Csound. If Csound is run via api, you need to forward the keystrokes to Csound. If that is the case, let know, I will have a look how it is done in CsoundQt

tarmo

It doesn't seem to, but I'll check more thoroughly before judging too harshly.

I'm on Debian, but I can't check Csound version right now. If you have the opportunity to try the manual example on you (Suse?) machine that would be great!

Regards,
Anders

> 27 mars 2017 kl. 16:59 skrev jpff <[hidden email]>:
>
> I tought it was writte for commandline se; does it not work?
>
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Anders Genell wrote:
>>
>> Hi ho!
>> I was wondering if it is possible to use sensekey from the command line, and
>> if so, if it requires some command line flag?
>> Regards,
>> Anders
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>> be posted here

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] sensekey

genell
Ok, thanks both!
I'm not using the api; it's just straight up terminal csound.
With my csd, I'm getting my characters echoed in the terminal but they are not caught by the csound process running in the same terminal. I'll try the manual example.

Regards,
Anders

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

you probably need to have the terminal in focus where you run Csound. If Csound is run via api, you need to forward the keystrokes to Csound. If that is the case, let know, I will have a look how it is done in CsoundQt

tarmo

It doesn't seem to, but I'll check more thoroughly before judging too harshly.

I'm on Debian, but I can't check Csound version right now. If you have the opportunity to try the manual example on you (Suse?) machine that would be great!

Regards,
Anders

> 27 mars 2017 kl. 16:59 skrev jpff <[hidden email]>:
>
> I tought it was writte for commandline se; does it not work?
>
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Anders Genell wrote:
>>
>> Hi ho!
>> I was wondering if it is possible to use sensekey from the command line, and
>> if so, if it requires some command line flag?
>> Regards,
>> Anders
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>> be posted here

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] sensekey

genell
I just pulled from github and now it works. The troublesome version was 6.07 May 5 2016 I believe.

Sorry for the noise.

Regards,
Anders