[Csnd] score time playback change?

fauveboy
m1b.sco <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/t339654/m1b.sco>

When I play the file Ive attached above m1b.sco it, for some reason, doesn't
play as long as when I also include m1a.sco before hand (which i've attached
second)  m1a.sco <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/t339654/m1a.sco>

They both appear in a separate score file like so:

;#include "home/pi/MUSODMAK/ChimesAbide/chimabiscorefiles/m1a.sco"
;s
#include "home/pi/MUSODMAK/ChimesAbide/chimabiscorefiles/m1b.sco"

when I uncomment m1a.sco here m1b seems to play for its full duration. Its
not clear why it doesn't do this when m1a.sco is commented out?
I hope this makes sense, many thanks!

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] score time playback change?

jpff
Ca you be more explicit?  I tried the included scores and saw nothing
wrong.  Mind you your scores were badly alihgned so I may have missed
something

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018, fauveboy wrote:

> m1b.sco <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/t339654/m1b.sco>
>
> When I play the file Ive attached above m1b.sco it, for some reason, doesn't
> play as long as when I also include m1a.sco before hand (which i've attached
> second)  m1a.sco <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/t339654/m1a.sco>
>
> They both appear in a separate score file like so:
>
> ;#include "home/pi/MUSODMAK/ChimesAbide/chimabiscorefiles/m1a.sco"
> ;s
> #include "home/pi/MUSODMAK/ChimesAbide/chimabiscorefiles/m1b.sco"
>
> when I uncomment m1a.sco here m1b seems to play for its full duration. Its
> not clear why it doesn't do this when m1a.sco is commented out?
> I hope this makes sense, many thanks!
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] score time playback change?

PS  I seem to be missing a macro to expand $track6

Re: [Csnd] score time playback change?

and many score linesan wrong syntax not starting with an opcode

Re: [Csnd] score time playback change?

fauveboy
is it possible to take your email address and use wetransfer please? The
csound files and the full directory linked to together are 75mb as a
compressed file which is to large to send on here

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] score time playback change?

fauveboy
I've left a download link instead:

https://we.tl/t-NRQXs9YSOs

inside the first zip file will be two more zip files. One called ChimesAbide
the other Mycsound.

ChimesAbide contains the score and orchestra arrangement and Mycsound
contains instrument designs that chimesabide the chimesabide orchester
"#includes".

the chimesabide.sco file "#includes" .sco files stored in the folder
chimabiscorefiles.

because this is set up in the pi it will be likly that to run csound -o
chimAbi chimeAbi.orc chimeAbi.sco inside the ChimesAbide directory the
"#include"'s will have to be adjusted.

the trouble im havening should reveal itself when

csound -o chimAbi chimeAbi.orc chimeAbi.sco is run as the files are and
observe the audio.

after words inside chimeAbi.sco I then go to uncomment the #include
statement directly before ending in m1a.sco on and on play back you'll here
a new note followed by the next sound (the sound that would have played
previously) except it plays for longer!? Which is actuallly what I expected
the sound to be on its own ?

I hope this makes sence

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] score time playback change?

jpff
I can ru your progra and it doesexactly what I expect from the sources.

If I uncommet the #include and the s on the next line we have two
sections, thefirst 2697s and the second 3s.

Just a wild guess; do not hav a s to get a new section and yhe the two
sections will be simultaneous and the length 3s

==John ff

Re: [Csnd] score time playback change?

fauveboy
I'm glad it runs as expected.

Are you saying get rid of the s?

I don't want them to occur simultaneously and it should just mean that one
plays after the other.
The obscure thing is that the duration of m1b.sco varies depending on the
presents of m1a.sco which is odd ? and I shouldn't think the s would
influence that?

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] score time playback change?

jpff
The statem`ent
````t 0 $Tempo
is in secton 1 but not sections after.

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018, fauveboy wrote:

> I'm glad it runs as expected.
>
> Are you saying get rid of the s?
>
> I don't want them to occur simultaneously and it should just mean that one
> plays after the other.
> The obscure thing is that the duration of m1b.sco varies depending on the
> presents of m1a.sco which is odd ? and I shouldn't think the s would
> influence that?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] score time playback change?

Just a suggestion; instead of using s use b with an apprpriate number.
Then ftables will remain, tempo will be universal and it will be simpler,
for example reverbs over measures.

At least that is what I do when I want to write scores based on time 0 but
asseble them.  Sections are rather drastic and were originally a way of
conservingrecycling memory in the days of smaller machines.

Re: [Csnd] score time playback change?

fauveboy
ah that makes sense. The s statement was also reset the tempo as the initial
t statment wouldn't carry over and in turn made for the unexpected change in
time?

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] score time playback change?