Quantcast

[Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

12

[Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

zappfinger
Say I schedule instr 1 for 10 seconds. At the end of this I want to
schedule instr 2 for x seconds.
What is the best way to do this?

Richard

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

zappfinger
This should be scoreless of course...

On 03/03/17 16:26, Richard wrote:
> Say I schedule instr 1 for 10 seconds. At the end of this I want to
> schedule instr 2 for x seconds.
> What is the best way to do this?
>
> Richard

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

zappfinger

Yes, but I want to schedule instr 2 after instr 1 is done, in this case after 10 seconds (could also be variable).
How do I detect that instr 1 is (nearly) done? Compare p3 with timeinstk?

Richard

On 03/03/17 16:37, John ff wrote:
Depends on what x is.  If you know the value then schedule from inst 1 at I time.

Sent from TypeApp
On 3 Mar 2017, at 15:27, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Say I schedule instr 1 for 10 seconds. At the end of this I want to
schedule instr 2 for x seconds.
What is the best way to do this?

Richard

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

zappfinger

Something like that, but that would require an additional monitoring instrument. I would like to do it from instr 1.

The general idea is:

from instr 0 schedule instr 1 for x seconds
from instr 1 (after x seconds) schedule instr 2 for y seconds, etc.

Richard

On 03/03/17 16:37, John ff wrote:
Depends on what x is.  If you know the value then schedule from inst 1 at I time.

Sent from TypeApp
On 3 Mar 2017, at 15:27, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Say I schedule instr 1 for 10 seconds. At the end of this I want to
schedule instr 2 for x seconds.
What is the best way to do this?

Richard

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

 schedule(2,p2+p3,p3)

> On 3 Mar 2017, at 15:44, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes, but I want to schedule instr 2 after instr 1 is done, in this case after 10 seconds (could also be variable).
> How do I detect that instr 1 is (nearly) done? Compare p3 with timeinstk?
> Richard
>
> On 03/03/17 16:37, John ff wrote:
>> Depends on what x is.  If you know the value then schedule from inst 1 at I time.
>>
>> Sent from TypeApp
>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 15:27, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Say I schedule instr 1 for 10 seconds. At the end of this I want to
>> schedule instr 2 for x seconds.
>> What is the best way to do this?
>>
>> Richard

>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

Victor Lazzarini
Actually, scrap that, schedule is now-based. This is a sequence of forever pings:

schedule(1,0,1)
instr 1
a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
 out oscili(a1*0dbfs, A4)
schedule(1,p3,p3)

> On 3 Mar 2017, at 16:24, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> instr 1
> schedule(2,p2+p3,p3)
> endin
>
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 15:44, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, but I want to schedule instr 2 after instr 1 is done, in this case after 10 seconds (could also be variable).
>> How do I detect that instr 1 is (nearly) done? Compare p3 with timeinstk?
>> Richard
>>
>> On 03/03/17 16:37, John ff wrote:
>>> Depends on what x is.  If you know the value then schedule from inst 1 at I time.
>>>
>>> Sent from TypeApp
>>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 15:27, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Say I schedule instr 1 for 10 seconds. At the end of this I want to
>>> schedule instr 2 for x seconds.
>>> What is the best way to do this?
>>>
>>> Richard
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list

>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

Victor Lazzarini
And this is like Stockhausen’s famous gesture from Kontakte

schedule(1,0,0.001)
instr 1
a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
 out oscili(a1*0dbfs, A4)
schedule(1,p3,p3*1.05)

> On 3 Mar 2017, at 16:28, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Actually, scrap that, schedule is now-based. This is a sequence of forever pings:
>
> schedule(1,0,1)
> instr 1
> a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
> out oscili(a1*0dbfs, A4)
> schedule(1,p3,p3)
> endin
>
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 16:24, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> instr 1
>> schedule(2,p2+p3,p3)
>> endin
>>
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 15:44, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, but I want to schedule instr 2 after instr 1 is done, in this case after 10 seconds (could also be variable).
>>> How do I detect that instr 1 is (nearly) done? Compare p3 with timeinstk?
>>> Richard

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

Oeyvind Brandtsegg-3
Yes, but if you don't know p3 for i1 you can do

xtratim 1/kr
krelease release
if krelease > 0 then
.... schedule your other instr
endif

> Actually, scrap that, schedule is now-based. This is a sequence of forever pings:
>
> schedule(1,0,1)
> instr 1
> a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
>  out oscili(a1*0dbfs, A4)
> schedule(1,p3,p3)
> endin
>
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 16:24, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> instr 1
>> schedule(2,p2+p3,p3)
>> endin
>>
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 15:44, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, but I want to schedule instr 2 after instr 1 is done, in this case after 10 seconds (could also be variable).
>>> How do I detect that instr 1 is (nearly) done? Compare p3 with timeinstk?
>>> Richard

Oeyvind Brandtsegg
Professor of Music Technology
NTNU
7491 Trondheim
Norway
Cell: +47 92 203 205

http://www.partikkelaudio.com/
http://crossadaptive.hf.ntnu.no
http://gdsp.hf.ntnu.no/
http://soundcloud.com/brandtsegg
http://flyndresang.no/
http://soundcloud.com/t-emp

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

Victor Lazzarini
I assumed he knows it:

“from instr 0 schedule instr 1 for x seconds
from instr 1 (after x seconds) schedule instr 2 for y seconds, etc.”

> On 3 Mar 2017, at 16:34, Oeyvind Brandtsegg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes, but if you don't know p3 for i1 you can do
>
> xtratim 1/kr
> krelease release
> if krelease > 0 then
> .... schedule your other instr
> endif

>> Actually, scrap that, schedule is now-based. This is a sequence of forever pings:
>>
>> schedule(1,0,1)
>> instr 1
>> a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
>> out oscili(a1*0dbfs, A4)
>> schedule(1,p3,p3)
>> endin
>>
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 16:24, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> instr 1
>>> schedule(2,p2+p3,p3)
>>> endin
>>>
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

> Oeyvind Brandtsegg
> Professor of Music Technology
> NTNU
> 7491 Trondheim
> Norway
> Cell: +47 92 203 205
>
> http://www.partikkelaudio.com/
> http://crossadaptive.hf.ntnu.no
> http://gdsp.hf.ntnu.no/
> http://soundcloud.com/brandtsegg
> http://flyndresang.no/
> http://soundcloud.com/t-emp

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

Oeyvind Brandtsegg-3
That's beautiful, and compact.

> And this is like Stockhausen’s famous gesture from Kontakte
>
> schedule(1,0,0.001)
> instr 1
> a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
>  out oscili(a1*0dbfs, A4)
> schedule(1,p3,p3*1.05)
> endin
>
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 16:28, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Actually, scrap that, schedule is now-based. This is a sequence of forever pings:
>>
>> schedule(1,0,1)
>> instr 1
>> a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
>> out oscili(a1*0dbfs, A4)
>> schedule(1,p3,p3)
>> endin
>>
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 16:24, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> instr 1
>>> schedule(2,p2+p3,p3)
>>> endin
>>>
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Oeyvind Brandtsegg
Professor of Music Technology
NTNU
7491 Trondheim
Norway
Cell: +47 92 203 205

http://www.partikkelaudio.com/
http://crossadaptive.hf.ntnu.no
http://gdsp.hf.ntnu.no/
http://soundcloud.com/brandtsegg
http://flyndresang.no/
http://soundcloud.com/t-emp

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

zappfinger
I came to that same conclusion. Funny thing is, I have 4 instruments now
in a row, in principle it works, but instr 4 won't stop. It gets a p3 of 8,
but keeps on going forever...

Richatf

On 03/03/17 17:28, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Actually, scrap that, schedule is now-based. This is a sequence of forever pings:
>
> schedule(1,0,1)
> instr 1
> a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
>   out oscili(a1*0dbfs, A4)
> schedule(1,p3,p3)
> endin
>
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 16:24, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> instr 1
>> schedule(2,p2+p3,p3)
>> endin
>>
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 15:44, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, but I want to schedule instr 2 after instr 1 is done, in this case after 10 seconds (could also be variable).
>>> How do I detect that instr 1 is (nearly) done? Compare p3 with timeinstk?
>>> Richard

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

zappfinger
This simple csd show the problem: instr 2 is running indefinitely, while
it is scheduled to run for 2 seconds only

<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>
-odac           -iadc    ;;;RT audio I/O
</CsOptions>
<CsInstruments>
sr = 44100
kr = 44100
ksmps = 1
nchnls = 1
0dbfs = 1.0

schedule 1, 0, 1

instr 1
     print p3
     a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
     out oscili(a1*0dbfs, 440)
     schedule 2, p3, p3+1

     print p3
     a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
     out oscili(a1*0dbfs, 880)
endin

</CsInstruments>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

On 03/03/17 17:28, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Actually, scrap that, schedule is now-based. This is a sequence of forever pings:
>
> schedule(1,0,1)
> instr 1
> a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
>   out oscili(a1*0dbfs, A4)
> schedule(1,p3,p3)
> endin
>
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 16:24, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> instr 1
>> schedule(2,p2+p3,p3)
>> endin
>>
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 15:44, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, but I want to schedule instr 2 after instr 1 is done, in this case after 10 seconds (could also be variable).
>>> How do I detect that instr 1 is (nearly) done? Compare p3 with timeinstk?
>>> Richard

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

Victor Lazzarini
Not here. I just tested your code and it stops after 2secs. I’ve added a printk 0.25, timeinsts:k() to show it,
and this is the printout I get

 instr 2:  p3 = 2.000
 i   2 time     1.00002:     0.00002
 i   2 time     1.12501:     0.12501
 i   2 time     1.37501:     0.37501
 i   2 time     1.62501:     0.62501
 i   2 time     1.87501:     0.87501
 i   2 time     2.12501:     1.12501
 i   2 time     2.37501:     1.37501
 i   2 time     2.62501:     1.62501
 i   2 time     2.87501:     1.87501

it stops after that.

> On 4 Mar 2017, at 09:51, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This simple csd show the problem: instr 2 is running indefinitely, while it is scheduled to run for 2 seconds only
>
> <CsoundSynthesizer>
> <CsOptions>
> -odac           -iadc    ;;;RT audio I/O
> </CsOptions>
> <CsInstruments>
> sr = 44100
> kr = 44100
> ksmps = 1
> nchnls = 1
> 0dbfs = 1.0
>
> schedule 1, 0, 1
>
> instr 1
>    print p3
>    a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
>    out oscili(a1*0dbfs, 440)
>    schedule 2, p3, p3+1
> endin
>
> instr 2
>    print p3
>    a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
>    out oscili(a1*0dbfs, 880)
> endin
>
> </CsInstruments>
> </CsoundSynthesizer>
>

> On 03/03/17 17:28, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> Actually, scrap that, schedule is now-based. This is a sequence of forever pings:
>>
>> schedule(1,0,1)
>> instr 1
>> a1 expon 1, p3, 0.001
>>  out oscili(a1*0dbfs, A4)
>> schedule(1,p3,p3)
>> endin
>>
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 16:24, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> instr 1
>>> schedule(2,p2+p3,p3)
>>> endin
>>>
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

zappfinger
You are right, it stopped ok, but since Csound kept running, I assumed
it was in instr 2...

On 04/03/17 11:14, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> printk 0.25, timeinsts:k()

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

Victor Lazzarini
I suspected that. By the way, you can close csound with an ‘e’ event, in this case,

  event_i "e", 0, p3

> On 4 Mar 2017, at 10:20, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You are right, it stopped ok, but since Csound kept running, I assumed it was in instr 2...
>

> On 04/03/17 11:14, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> printk 0.25, timeinsts:k()

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

zappfinger
Ok, thanks. What is this funny syntax in:

timeinsts:k()

is it described somewhere?

Richard

On 04/03/17 11:37, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> I suspected that. By the way, you can close csound with an ‘e’ event, in this case,
>
>    event_i "e", 0, p3
>
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 4 Mar 2017, at 10:20, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> You are right, it stopped ok, but since Csound kept running, I assumed it was in instr 2...
>>

>> On 04/03/17 11:14, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>> printk 0.25, timeinsts:k()

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] schedule other instrument at end of performance time

Victor Lazzarini
It’s timeinsts using its k-rate instead of i-rate version, in function-like syntax