[Csnd] rtmidi in WASM

hlolli
I'm playing with my midi keybord in the browser wasm, I'm pretty sure the function CsoundObj_pushMidiMessage is being called, doing console.log I get the bytes as well. All seems good, except that the events won't trigger any instruments (massign 0,1 is there as well). Guessing -+rtmidi= is missing? Has someone been able to send midi messages from devices into csound to trigger events?

Best,
Hlödver

Re: [Csnd] rtmidi in WASM

hlolli

On 28 January 2018 at 14:02, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm playing with my midi keybord in the browser wasm, I'm pretty sure the function CsoundObj_pushMidiMessage is being called, doing console.log I get the bytes as well. All seems good, except that the events won't trigger any instruments (massign 0,1 is there as well). Guessing -+rtmidi= is missing? Has someone been able to send midi messages from devices into csound to trigger events?

Best,
Hlödver

Re: [Csnd] rtmidi in WASM

Victor Lazzarini-2
you’re right there is no example, and I thought there was one. I will think of something.

> On 28 Jan 2018, at 15:03, Andrea Strappa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> About this way of rtmidi communication, that I don't know, is there a complete example or complete tutorial?
>
> Andrea S.
>
> Il 28/01/2018 14:37, Victor Lazzarini ha scritto:
>> I don’t know about CsoundObj direct support for MIDI but if you use csound.js the MIDI functions in there should do what you need.
>>
>> There is a html example included.
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>> On 28 Jan 2018, at 13:02, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm playing with my midi keybord in the browser wasm, I'm pretty sure the function CsoundObj_pushMidiMessage is being called, doing console.log I get the bytes as well. All seems good, except that the events won't trigger any instruments (massign 0,1 is there as well). Guessing -+rtmidi= is missing? Has someone been able to send midi messages from devices into csound to trigger events?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Hlödver
>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] rtmidi in WASM

I think only -M0,
-+rtmidi=null is already implied on WASM (afaik)

> On 28 Jan 2018, at 13:09, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Nevermind, found it
> https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/180704990ed3a203b63c49bc7c92b18d9f2082d4/emscripten/examples-src/midiInputTest.csd
>
> Answer is -+rtmidi=null -M0
>
> :)
>
> On 28 January 2018 at 14:02, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm playing with my midi keybord in the browser wasm, I'm pretty sure the function CsoundObj_pushMidiMessage is being called, doing console.log I get the bytes as well. All seems good, except that the events won't trigger any instruments (massign 0,1 is there as well). Guessing -+rtmidi= is missing? Has someone been able to send midi messages from devices into csound to trigger events?
>
> Best,
> Hlödver

Re: [Csnd] rtmidi in WASM

hlolli
This whole thread seems to hint to that my reply to the mailing list did not deliver :/

7 minutes after my original post I replied:
```

On 28 January 2018 at 17:31, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think only -M0,
-+rtmidi=null is already implied on WASM (afaik)

> On 28 Jan 2018, at 13:09, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Nevermind, found it
> https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/180704990ed3a203b63c49bc7c92b18d9f2082d4/emscripten/examples-src/midiInputTest.csd
>
> Answer is -+rtmidi=null -M0
>
> :)
>
> On 28 January 2018 at 14:02, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm playing with my midi keybord in the browser wasm, I'm pretty sure the function CsoundObj_pushMidiMessage is being called, doing console.log I get the bytes as well. All seems good, except that the events won't trigger any instruments (massign 0,1 is there as well). Guessing -+rtmidi= is missing? Has someone been able to send midi messages from devices into csound to trigger events?
>
> Best,
> Hlödver

Re: [Csnd] rtmidi in WASM

Victor Lazzarini-2
It did deliver.
All I am saying is that -+rtmidi=null is not needed.

With the very latest, neither -M0 is needed.