[Csnd] "fout" Opcode broken?

Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Hello list:
I attached to this message a csd file having a very simple instrument.
The output of an oscili Opcode is spatialized via the bformenc1 Opcode.
I use both, the outx and the fout opcodes to write two output files with
(I expect) should hold the same signals.
The command line I have used is:
csound -f -W -d -o out.wav
Using the Csound version 6.07 (double samples) May 15 2016.
Surprisingly, the file "out.wav" is ok, but the file "outfile.wav" only
has the first note. I've opened it with two different editors (ocenaudio and audacity),
just to ensure is not a problem of the editor.
As the last file is the one written by the "fout" opcode I wonder what's
going on with it.
Any comment will be most appreciated.

--
Dr. Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Profesor Titular

fout.csd (684 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] "fout" Opcode broken?

Iain McCurdy

'fout' needs to be run a single time throughout the Csound performance to achieve what you want. For this reason it should be put in a separate instrument that just plays a single note that encapsulates the complete performance time. 'monitor' can be used to tap the audio streams output from Csound. Add this instrument:

instr 2
adw, adx, ady, adz monitor
fout "outfile.wav",16,adw, adx, ady, adz
endin

and then add a note in the score:

i2 0 .5

Hope this helps,
Iain

[Csnd] Fwd: "fout" Opcode broken?

Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Many thanks.
I had never seen this in the documentation of the opcode, but maybe is not updated.
Best

Csound mailing list <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;Csound@listserv.heanet.ie&#39;);" target="_blank">Csound@... https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here