Quantcast

[Csnd] --port command line flag on linux

[Csnd] --port command line flag on linux

forrest
I've managed to use the -L flag to run score lines to csound through a fifo;
my current ambition is to get such lines via ethernet cable
from another program sending from a second computer.

[I've lost the recent thread that gave me the idea; but I know I just learned of the possibility from something here.]

Anyway, on the receiving [csound-running] computer I can pick up lines of score with  nc -u -l -k 9000
(sent from the other computer with:
cat | nc 10.42.0.1 9000 -u
)

while csound running with CsOptions of
 -o dac: hw 0,0 --midi- --port=9000
plays the one test note given in the csd file:
i 1 1 3 440 0.5
but won't accept the same format over the ethernet line.

What's needed to make this work from
1) a bash terminal
or
2) a C program?

Forrest Curo
San Diego

Re: [Csnd] --port command line flag on linux

thorin kerr
--port expects orchestra code rather than score code.
So, for that scoreline, you could send:

schedule 1, 1, 3, 440, 0.5

Thorin