[Csnd] [off- topic-ish] The Audio Programming Book DVD

[Csnd] [off- topic-ish] The Audio Programming Book DVD

JTG III
Hi, sorry for this I guess mostly off topic question, but I just got a copy of The Audio Programming Book I had ordered in the mail today, and I was wondering if anyone here would know if it is possible that my copy of the accompanying DVD was mispressed?  Or rather, have you heard of other instances of this happening, like perhaps there was an issue at the pressing plant or something along those lines? Because I've tried it out on a few computers now, and I just can't get it to run at all. It's in prefect shape (bought second hand but it was a new copy), however, it does kind of look like no data was stamped onto the disk, as the backside is a bit too reflective, though also kind of blurry looking-ish, maybe,  sort of? I've put it side to side with a couple of things I had sitting on the shelf that were still shrink wrapped and it definitely looks different.

Any information anyone could share would be much appreciated and sorry again for the sort-of-off-topic
question.

Re: [Csnd] [off- topic-ish] The Audio Programming Book DVD

JTG III
Never mind, I noticed that the DVD title was listed as in the drive very briefly once so I just key opt on trying in until I managed to copy the book chapters and a few other things from the the disc.