[Csnd] microcsound update to version 20170214

[Csnd] microcsound update to version 20170214

akjmicro
Hi all,

There is a new version of microcsound out.

CHANGES:

* including a 2nd helper/starter suite of Csound instruments in the file 'microcsound_basic.orc' file; along with the '8bit.orc' file.

* on-the-fly modification of instrument p-fields 8-99 (1-7 are already reserved) is now available after an instrument setup string has been declared (i.e., individual parameters can be modified without having to re-write an entire setup string; helpful for larger instruments with many parameters.)

* Csound verbosity level is low by default, verbosity can be turned on with '-v' flag on the command line.

* updated documentation.

I'm also considering an online version that would simply be a score preprocessor: taking microsound-score input in a web form, and giving a Csound-score output. I want to gauge how much interest there would be to see that, here in the Csound community and in the community of electronic musicians who employ alternative tuning systems...It would mean there would be one way to try it without having to install it, or indeed, even needing Python on your system at all.

Best,

Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.untwelve.org

Re: [Csnd] microcsound update to version 20170214

jpff
I get page not foud

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017, Aaron Krister Johnson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There is a new version of microcsound out.
>
> http://www.untwelve.org/micrcsound
>
> CHANGES:
>
> * including a 2nd helper/starter suite of Csound instruments in the file
> 'microcsound_basic.orc' file; along with the '8bit.orc' file.
>
> * on-the-fly modification of instrument p-fields 8-99 (1-7 are already
> reserved) is now available after an instrument setup string has been declared
> (i.e., individual parameters can be modified without having to re-write an
> entire setup string; helpful for larger instruments with many parameters.)
>
> * Csound verbosity level is low by default, verbosity can be turned on with
> '-v' flag on the command line.
>
> * updated documentation.
>

> I'm also considering an online version that would simply be a score
> preprocessor: taking microsound-score input in a web form, and giving a
> Csound-score output. I want to gauge how much interest there would be to see
> that, here in the Csound community and in the community of electronic
> musicians who employ alternative tuning systems...It would mean there would be
> one way to try it without having to install it, or indeed, even needing Python
> on your system at all.
>

> Best,
>
> Aaron Krister Johnson
> http://www.untwelve.org

Re: [Csnd] microcsound update to version 20170214

Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
Also me: there is a little mistake in web address. Last word has to be
microsound. I have reached the correct address here:

http://untwelve.org/microcsound

Or, better, from right orange lateral menus (Login, Home ...): you have
a Microcsound (software) link at 10th line.

Ciao

fdsdb

Il giorno gio, 16/02/2017 alle 00.07 +0000, jpff ha scritto:

> I get page not foud
>

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2017, Aaron Krister Johnson wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > There is a new version of microcsound out.
> >
> > http://www.untwelve.org/micrcsound
> >
> > CHANGES:
> >
> > * including a 2nd helper/starter suite of Csound instruments in the file
> > 'microcsound_basic.orc' file; along with the '8bit.orc' file.
> >
> > * on-the-fly modification of instrument p-fields 8-99 (1-7 are already
> > reserved) is now available after an instrument setup string has been declared
> > (i.e., individual parameters can be modified without having to re-write an
> > entire setup string; helpful for larger instruments with many parameters.)
> >
> > * Csound verbosity level is low by default, verbosity can be turned on with
> > '-v' flag on the command line.
> >
> > * updated documentation.
> >

> > I'm also considering an online version that would simply be a score
> > preprocessor: taking microsound-score input in a web form, and giving a
> > Csound-score output. I want to gauge how much interest there would be to see
> > that, here in the Csound community and in the community of electronic
> > musicians who employ alternative tuning systems...It would mean there would be
> > one way to try it without having to install it, or indeed, even needing Python
> > on your system at all.
> >

> > Best,
> >
> > Aaron Krister Johnson
> > http://www.untwelve.org
> > Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
> > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
> > be posted here

Re: [Csnd] microcsound update to version 20170214

akjmicro
Thanks, I mistyped it....

Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.untwelve.org

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 2:03 AM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Also me: there is a little mistake in web address. Last word has to be
microsound. I have reached the correct address here:

http://untwelve.org/microcsound

Or, better, from right orange lateral menus (Login, Home ...): you have
a Microcsound (software) link at 10th line.

Ciao

fdsdb

Il giorno gio, 16/02/2017 alle 00.07 +0000, jpff ha scritto:
> I get page not foud
>

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2017, Aaron Krister Johnson wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > There is a new version of microcsound out.
> >
> > http://www.untwelve.org/micrcsound
> >
> > CHANGES:
> >
> > * including a 2nd helper/starter suite of Csound instruments in the file
> > 'microcsound_basic.orc' file; along with the '8bit.orc' file.
> >
> > * on-the-fly modification of instrument p-fields 8-99 (1-7 are already
> > reserved) is now available after an instrument setup string has been declared
> > (i.e., individual parameters can be modified without having to re-write an
> > entire setup string; helpful for larger instruments with many parameters.)
> >
> > * Csound verbosity level is low by default, verbosity can be turned on with
> > '-v' flag on the command line.
> >
> > * updated documentation.
> >

> > I'm also considering an online version that would simply be a score
> > preprocessor: taking microsound-score input in a web form, and giving a
> > Csound-score output. I want to gauge how much interest there would be to see
> > that, here in the Csound community and in the community of electronic
> > musicians who employ alternative tuning systems...It would mean there would be
> > one way to try it without having to install it, or indeed, even needing Python
> > on your system at all.
> >

> > Best,
> >
> > Aaron Krister Johnson
> > http://www.untwelve.org
> > Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
> > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
> > be posted here

Re: [Csnd] microcsound update to version 20170214

Hi Aaron,

Congratulations on the new release!  Perhaps this would make a good
news item on the Csound website?

Cheers!
steven

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 12:41 PM, Aaron Krister Johnson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There is a new version of microcsound out.
>
> http://www.untwelve.org/micrcsound
>
> CHANGES:
>
> * including a 2nd helper/starter suite of Csound instruments in the file
> 'microcsound_basic.orc' file; along with the '8bit.orc' file.
>
> * on-the-fly modification of instrument p-fields 8-99 (1-7 are already
> reserved) is now available after an instrument setup string has been
> declared (i.e., individual parameters can be modified without having to
> re-write an entire setup string; helpful for larger instruments with many
> parameters.)
>
> * Csound verbosity level is low by default, verbosity can be turned on with
> '-v' flag on the command line.
>
> * updated documentation.
>

> I'm also considering an online version that would simply be a score
> preprocessor: taking microsound-score input in a web form, and giving a
> Csound-score output. I want to gauge how much interest there would be to see
> that, here in the Csound community and in the community of electronic
> musicians who employ alternative tuning systems...It would mean there would
> be one way to try it without having to install it, or indeed, even needing
> Python on your system at all.
>

> Best,
>
> Aaron Krister Johnson
> http://www.untwelve.org

Re: [Csnd] microcsound update to version 20170214

akjmicro
Sure! Who is webmaster for the site? I don't have update privileges...I think, anyway.

Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.untwelve.org

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is a new version of microcsound out.
>
> http://www.untwelve.org/micrcsound
>
> CHANGES:
>
> * including a 2nd helper/starter suite of Csound instruments in the file
> 'microcsound_basic.orc' file; along with the '8bit.orc' file.
>
> * on-the-fly modification of instrument p-fields 8-99 (1-7 are already
> reserved) is now available after an instrument setup string has been
> declared (i.e., individual parameters can be modified without having to
> re-write an entire setup string; helpful for larger instruments with many
> parameters.)
>
> * Csound verbosity level is low by default, verbosity can be turned on with
> '-v' flag on the command line.
>
> * updated documentation.
>

> I'm also considering an online version that would simply be a score
> preprocessor: taking microsound-score input in a web form, and giving a
> Csound-score output. I want to gauge how much interest there would be to see
> that, here in the Csound community and in the community of electronic
> musicians who employ alternative tuning systems...It would mean there would
> be one way to try it without having to install it, or indeed, even needing
> Python on your system at all.
>

> Best,
>
> Aaron Krister Johnson
> http://www.untwelve.org
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can

Re: [Csnd] microcsound update to version 20170214

Steven Yi
There's information about contributing here:

http://csound.github.io/contribute.html

Essentially, if you have a news post, you can just write the content
and add an issue to the tracker and someone will get to it to add to
the site.  Otherwise, if you're comfortable with Github, you can also
fork the csound site, make changes, and submit a pull request.  Either
way works!

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Aaron Krister Johnson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sure! Who is webmaster for the site? I don't have update privileges...I
> think, anyway.
>
> Aaron Krister Johnson
> http://www.untwelve.org
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Aaron,
>>
>> Congratulations on the new release!  Perhaps this would make a good
>> news item on the Csound website?
>>
>> Cheers!
>> steven
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 12:41 PM, Aaron Krister Johnson
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > There is a new version of microcsound out.
>> >
>> > http://www.untwelve.org/micrcsound
>> >
>> > CHANGES:
>> >
>> > * including a 2nd helper/starter suite of Csound instruments in the file
>> > 'microcsound_basic.orc' file; along with the '8bit.orc' file.
>> >
>> > * on-the-fly modification of instrument p-fields 8-99 (1-7 are already
>> > reserved) is now available after an instrument setup string has been
>> > declared (i.e., individual parameters can be modified without having to
>> > re-write an entire setup string; helpful for larger instruments with
>> > many
>> > parameters.)
>> >
>> > * Csound verbosity level is low by default, verbosity can be turned on
>> > with
>> > '-v' flag on the command line.
>> >
>> > * updated documentation.
>> >

>> > I'm also considering an online version that would simply be a score
>> > preprocessor: taking microsound-score input in a web form, and giving a
>> > Csound-score output. I want to gauge how much interest there would be to
>> > see
>> > that, here in the Csound community and in the community of electronic
>> > musicians who employ alternative tuning systems...It would mean there
>> > would
>> > be one way to try it without having to install it, or indeed, even
>> > needing
>> > Python on your system at all.
>> >

>> > Best,
>> >
>> > Aaron Krister Johnson
>> > http://www.untwelve.org
>> > Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> > can
>> > be posted here

Re: [Csnd] microcsound update to version 20170214

akjmicro
Thank you!

Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.untwelve.org