[Csnd] mail problems

Lars Indrek Hansson

Hi,

been trying to mail the list for a while now with the

topic how to get Csound to run with Jack but I'm not

getting through.

Are my mails filtered out because they´re off topic?

/Lars

Re: [Csnd] mail problems

Victor Lazzarini-2
I don’t think so. I can see your emails OK. I don’t think anyone has answered them yet.
I am sorry I can’t comment on them since I don’t know much about Windows.

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:29, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> been trying to mail the list for a while now with the
> topic how to get Csound to run with Jack but I'm not
> getting through.
>
> Are my mails filtered out because they´re off topic?
>
> /Lars

[Csnd] SV: [Csnd] mail problems

Lars Indrek Hansson

Strange, since I can´t see them in my webmail and they´re not in

the junkmail.

I tried at first to mail the jack mail list about this, but there doesn´t seem to be

much activity there.

/Lars

I don’t think so. I can see your emails OK. I don’t think anyone has answered them yet.
I am sorry I can’t comment on them since I don’t know much about Windows.

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:29, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> been trying to mail the list for a while now with the
> topic how to get Csound to run with Jack but I'm not
> getting through.
>
> Are my mails filtered out because they´re off topic?
>
> /Lars
> Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] SV: [Csnd] mail problems

Victor Lazzarini-2
Check your settings at listserv.heanet.ie, it might be that you don’t have self copies setup.

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:38, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Strange, since I can´t see them in my webmail and they´re not in
> the junkmail.
>
> I tried at first to mail the jack mail list about this, but there doesn´t seem to be
> much activity there.
>
> /Lars

[Csnd] SV: [Csnd] SV: [Csnd] mail problems

Lars Indrek Hansson

Ok, although it has always work before.

/Lars

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:38, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Strange, since I can´t see them in my webmail and they´re not in
> the junkmail.
>
> I tried at first to mail the jack mail list about this, but there doesn´t seem to be
> much activity there.
>
> /Lars

Re: [Csnd] SV: [Csnd] SV: [Csnd] mail problems

Victor Lazzarini-2
I think the setting is ‘Repro’. You should find it in subscriber’s corner

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:41, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ok, although it has always work before.
>
> /Lars

I’ve changed it for you now.

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:43, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think the setting is ‘Repro’. You should find it in subscriber’s corner
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:41, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, although it has always work before.
>>
>> /Lars

genell
In a very limited attempt to answer your question, I am not entirely sure jack is being built for Windows.
Jack on windows runs on top of portaudio (as is portmidi, I suppose), and I don't know if that would mean any complications due to the default backend being portaudio for csound also.

Maybe Michael Gogins knows if jack is included in the Windows build? If not, maybe it could be?

Regards,
Anders

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’ve changed it for you now.

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:43, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think the setting is ‘Repro’. You should find it in subscriber’s corner
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:41, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, although it has always work before.
>>
>> /Lars

[Csnd] SV: [Csnd] SV: [Csnd] SV: [Csnd] mail problems

Lars Indrek Hansson

That was my first question in my original mail: if Jack at all still

is the "best" (most versatile, easiest to use/install) audio patcher

for Windows. Maybe there are other, more suitable ones?

About portaudio: if I write -+rtaudio=jack and at the same time choose

portmidi in the Jack setup that shouldn´t be a problem or?

/Lars

In a very limited attempt to answer your question, I am not entirely sure jack is being built for Windows.
Jack on windows runs on top of portaudio (as is portmidi, I suppose), and I don't know if that would mean any complications due to the default backend being portaudio for csound also.

Maybe Michael Gogins knows if jack is included in the Windows build? If not, maybe it could be?

Regards,
Anders

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’ve changed it for you now.

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:43, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think the setting is ‘Repro’. You should find it in subscriber’s corner
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:41, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, although it has always work before.
>>
>> /Lars

Re: [Csnd] SV: [Csnd] SV: [Csnd] SV: [Csnd] mail problems

genell
I have no knowledge at all about the workings of portaudio/midi so I couldn't say.

With regards to your question about the best audio patcher, my previous experience is that most patching is handed over to whatever software comes with the (proprietary) sound card drivers or to the mixing section of some DAW. This is why many semi-professionals buy cards like RME Hdsp or similar, which offer great flexibility. Unlike OSX and Linux, windows has not traditionally offered any advanced patching options as part of the OS.

I have tried a couple of audio patching/routing programs on windows in the past, but they have seemed to suffer from either lack of support from client programs, or lack of stability. I haven't investigated this in several years though.

Regards,
Anders

8 sep. 2017 kl. 13:24 skrev Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]>:

That was my first question in my original mail: if Jack at all still

is the "best" (most versatile, easiest to use/install) audio patcher

for Windows. Maybe there are other, more suitable ones?

About portaudio: if I write -+rtaudio=jack and at the same time choose

portmidi in the Jack setup that shouldn´t be a problem or?

/Lars

In a very limited attempt to answer your question, I am not entirely sure jack is being built for Windows.
Jack on windows runs on top of portaudio (as is portmidi, I suppose), and I don't know if that would mean any complications due to the default backend being portaudio for csound also.

Maybe Michael Gogins knows if jack is included in the Windows build? If not, maybe it could be?

Regards,
Anders

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’ve changed it for you now.

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:43, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think the setting is ‘Repro’. You should find it in subscriber’s corner
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 8 Sep 2017, at 11:41, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, although it has always work before.
>>
>> /Lars

Re: [Csnd] [Csnd] mail problems

Victor Lazzarini-2
You need to add REPRO to your mail delivery settings.

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 14:36, Arthur Hunkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Not to worry. I don't receive my Csound emails either, and often wonder the same.
>
> Art Hunkins
> http://www.arthunkins.com
>
> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 6:38 AM, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Strange, since I can´t see them in my webmail and they´re not in
>
> the junkmail.
>

> I tried at first to mail the jack mail list about this, but there doesn´t seem to be
>
> much activity there.
>

> /Lars

rorywalsh
If you just want to use Csound in a DAW use Cabbage. The latest binaries are here:
Docs here:
Make sure to install the latest version of Csound first.

On 8 September 2017 at 16:01, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
You need to add REPRO to your mail delivery settings.

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 14:36, Arthur Hunkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Not to worry. I don't receive my Csound emails either, and often wonder the same.
>
> Art Hunkins
> http://www.arthunkins.com
>
> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 6:38 AM, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Strange, since I can´t see them in my webmail and they´re not in
>
> the junkmail.
>

> I tried at first to mail the jack mail list about this, but there doesn´t seem to be
>
> much activity there.
>

> /Lars

I meant to reply to your original question and not to this thread..

On 8 September 2017 at 17:35, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you just want to use Csound in a DAW use Cabbage. The latest binaries are here:
Docs here:
Make sure to install the latest version of Csound first.

On 8 September 2017 at 16:01, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
You need to add REPRO to your mail delivery settings.

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 14:36, Arthur Hunkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Not to worry. I don't receive my Csound emails either, and often wonder the same.
>
> Art Hunkins
> http://www.arthunkins.com
>
> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 6:38 AM, Lars Indrek Hansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Strange, since I can´t see them in my webmail and they´re not in
>
> the junkmail.
>

> I tried at first to mail the jack mail list about this, but there doesn´t seem to be
>
> much activity there.
>

> /Lars

[Csnd] VB: [Csnd] [Csnd] mail problems

Lars Indrek Hansson

Yes, that´s primarily what I want. Thanks, I´ll

check it out.

/Lars

If you just want to use Csound in a DAW use Cabbage. The latest binaries are here:
http://forum.cabbageaudio.com/t/latest-beta-packages-available-here-new-release/114

Docs here:
http://cabbageaudio.com/docs/introduction/