[Csnd] macro error ?

Dave Phillips
Greetings,

I'm working with the latest Cabbage and Csound (6.09 from git), and I'm
running into a problem with any instrument/effect that uses this code :

     if i(kpreset)==$N then

(from Iain McCurdy's Micropolyphony, line 441).

Csound throws this error message :

     Error: character $(24)

That's all I have, hopefully someone knows where to look to find the
fix. Iain suggested commenting out the offending code in his instrument,
that works (no error reported), but it removes access to his excellent
presets. :(

Best,

dp

Re: [Csnd] macro error ?

Victor Lazzarini
Macros are in a stage of change in the develop code, so don’t expect them to be working fully at the moment.

> On 23 Jan 2017, at 13:53, Dave Phillips <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I'm working with the latest Cabbage and Csound (6.09 from git), and I'm running into a problem with any instrument/effect that uses this code :
>
>    if i(kpreset)==$N then
>
> (from Iain McCurdy's Micropolyphony, line 441).
>
> Csound throws this error message :
>
>    Error: character $(24)
>
> That's all I have, hopefully someone knows where to look to find the fix. Iain suggested commenting out the offending code in his instrument, that works (no error reported), but it removes access to his excellent presets. :(
>
> Best,
>
> dp

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] macro error ?

jpff
but that should work; will look if I can get a working system

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Macros are in a stage of change in the develop code, so don’t expect them to be working fully at the moment.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 23 Jan 2017, at 13:53, Dave Phillips <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm working with the latest Cabbage and Csound (6.09 from git), and I'm running into a problem with any instrument/effect that uses this code :
>>
>>    if i(kpreset)==$N then
>>
>> (from Iain McCurdy's Micropolyphony, line 441).
>>
>> Csound throws this error message :
>>
>>    Error: character $(24)
>>
>> That's all I have, hopefully someone knows where to look to find the fix. Iain suggested commenting out the offending code in his instrument, that works (no error reported), but it removes access to his excellent presets. :(
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> dp

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] macro error ?

Cannot reproduce.  Could I have a complete csd with the error?

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm working with the latest Cabbage and Csound (6.09 from git), and I'm
> running into a problem with any instrument/effect that uses this code :
>
>    if i(kpreset)==$N then
>
> (from Iain McCurdy's Micropolyphony, line 441).
>
> Csound throws this error message :
>
>    Error: character $(24)
>
> That's all I have, hopefully someone knows where to look to find the fix.
> Iain suggested commenting out the offending code in his instrument, that
> works (no error reported), but it removes access to his excellent presets. :(
>
> Best,
>
> dp

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] macro error ?

Dave Phillips
Hi John,

I've attached Iain's Micropolyphony CSD from the Cabbage Examples
directory. Running it so :

csound Micropolyphony.csd

results in this error :

Error: character $(24)

error: syntax error, unexpected ERROR_TOKEN  (token "$") from file
Micropolyphony.csd (1)
  line 1:
 >>>kpreset)==$ <<<
Parsing failed due to invalid input!
Stopping on parser failure
cannot compile orchestra
end of score.           overall amps:      0.0
        overall samples out of range:        0
1 errors in performance
no sound written to disk

Csound 6.09 from git, Fedora 21 x86_64.

HTH,

dp

On 01/23/2017 12:24 PM, jpff wrote:

> Cannot reproduce.  Could I have a complete csd with the error?
>

> On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Dave Phillips wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm working with the latest Cabbage and Csound (6.09 from git), and
>> I'm running into a problem with any instrument/effect that uses this
>> code :
>>
>>    if i(kpreset)==$N then
>>
>> (from Iain McCurdy's Micropolyphony, line 441).
>>
>> Csound throws this error message :
>>
>>    Error: character $(24)
>>
>> That's all I have, hopefully someone knows where to look to find the
>> fix. Iain suggested commenting out the offending code in his
>> instrument, that works (no error reported), but it removes access to
>> his excellent presets. :(
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> dp

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Micropolyphony.csd (32K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] macro error ?

jpff
Yes that works for me

birtwistle:~/csound6> csound -n /snout/home/jpff/Micropolyphony.csd
virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
0dBFS level = 32768.0
--Csound version 6.09 (double samples) Jan 23 2017
[commit: 3da4cbc6536735ed165b3992e5d487860f1c7188]
libsndfile-1.0.27pre1
Reading options from $HOME/.csound6rc
Reading options from local directory .csound6rc
UnifiedCSD:  /snout/home/jpff/Micropolyphony.csd
STARTING FILE
Creating options
Creating orchestra
Creating score
rtaudio: pulseaudio module enabled
defining argument `SEND_SETTINGS``N as...#1  #
defining argument `SEND_SETTINGS``monopoly as...#1      #
defining argument `SEND_SETTINGS``LegTim as...#0.8   #
defining argument `SEND_SETTINGS``PortSmear as...#3        #
defining argument `SEND_SETTINGS``voices as...#18    #
defining argument `SEND_SETTINGS``spread as...#0.5   #
defining argument `SEND_SETTINGS``VScale as...#1     #
defining argument `SEND_SETTINGS``KIntvl as...#1     #

midi channel 11 using instr 1
midi channel 12 using instr 1
midi channel 13 using instr 1
midi channel 14 using instr 1
midi channel 15 using instr 1
midi channel 16 using instr 1
displays suppressed
0dBFS level = 1.0
chnl 1 using instr 2
chnl 2 using instr 2
chnl 3 using instr 2
chnl 4 using instr 2
chnl 5 using instr 2
chnl 6 using instr 2
chnl 7 using instr 2
chnl 8 using instr 2
chnl 9 using instr 2
chnl 10 using instr 2
chnl 11 using instr 2
chnl 12 using instr 2
chnl 13 using instr 2
chnl 14 using instr 2
chnl 15 using instr 2
chnl 16 using instr 2

total prob = 1284.53
WARNING: real time midi input disabled, using dummy functions
orch now loaded
audio buffered in 256 sample-frame blocks
not writing to sound disk
SECTION 1:

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I've attached Iain's Micropolyphony CSD from the Cabbage Examples directory.
> Running it so :
>
> csound Micropolyphony.csd
>
> results in this error :
>
> Error: character $(24)
>
> error: syntax error, unexpected ERROR_TOKEN  (token "$") from file
> Micropolyphony.csd (1)
> line 1:
> Parsing failed due to invalid input!
> Stopping on parser failure
> cannot compile orchestra
> end of score.           overall amps:      0.0
>       overall samples out of range:        0
> 1 errors in performance
> no sound written to disk
>

> Csound 6.09 from git, Fedora 21 x86_64.
>
> HTH,
>
> dp
>

> On 01/23/2017 12:24 PM, jpff wrote:
>> Cannot reproduce.  Could I have a complete csd with the error?
>>

>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Dave Phillips wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I'm working with the latest Cabbage and Csound (6.09 from git), and I'm
>>> running into a problem with any instrument/effect that uses this code :
>>>
>>>    if i(kpreset)==$N then
>>>
>>> (from Iain McCurdy's Micropolyphony, line 441).
>>>
>>> Csound throws this error message :
>>>
>>>    Error: character $(24)
>>>
>>> That's all I have, hopefully someone knows where to look to find the fix.
>>> Iain suggested commenting out the offending code in his instrument, that
>>> works (no error reported), but it removes access to his excellent presets.
>>> :(
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> dp
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] macro error ?

PS  Can you run with -v option?  Might throw some ligt

Re: [Csnd] macro error ?

rorywalsh
Hi Dave, I just tried here with the very latest dev tip and it's no longer producing that error I was seeing before. It's strange that you are still getting an error. No sure what's going on.

On 01/23/2017 06:00 PM, Rory Walsh wrote:
Hi Dave, I just tried here with the very latest dev tip and it's no longer producing that error I was seeing before. It's strange that you are still getting an error. No sure what's going on.

Hey Rory,

I just updated, it's all good now.

Best,

dp