[Csnd] lowres and lowresx

zappfinger

It says about lowres (and lowresx): kcutoff is not in Hz and kresonance is not in dB, so experiment for the finding best results.
That's a bit hard. Are there any clues or guidelines?
Also, for lowresx, does the scaling of these variables change when numlayers is changed?

Richard

Re: [Csnd] lowres and lowresx

jpff
Also ote that re manual for lowres is not the whole story.  The cuto and
resonance can be k-rate or a-rate according to the sources.  Same for
lowresx.

On Sat, 10 Mar 2018, Richard wrote:

> It says about lowres (and lowresx): kcutoff is not in Hz and kresonance is not
> in dB, so experiment for the finding best results.
> That's a bit hard. Are there any clues or guidelines?
> Also, for lowresx, does the scaling of these variables change when numlayers
> is changed?
>
> Richard

Re: [Csnd] lowres and lowresx

zappfinger
Actually what I need is a LP filter with resonance, that can be switched
between 12, 18 and 24 dB/oct.
I guess moogladder is 2nd order, so 12 db/oct. I could cascade another
one, that would make it 24 dB.
But then is there a 6dB/oct LP (with res) that I could use (with
mooladder) for the 18 dB version?

On 10/03/18 22:35, jpff wrote:

> Also ote that re manual for lowres is not the whole story.  The cuto
> and resonance can be k-rate or a-rate according to the sources. Same
> for lowresx.
>

> On Sat, 10 Mar 2018, Richard wrote:
>

>> It says about lowres (and lowresx): kcutoff is not in Hz
>> and kresonance is not
>> in dB, so experiment for the finding best results.
>> That's a bit hard. Are there any clues or guidelines?
>> Also, for lowresx, does the scaling of these variables change when
>> numlayers
>> is changed?
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>> features can
>> be posted here

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] lowres and lowresx

Victor Lazzarini-2
Try Fons’ mvclpf filters. There is one with four outs, 6, 12, 18 and 24 db/oct

> On 10 Mar 2018, at 21:44, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Actually what I need is a LP filter with resonance, that can be switched between 12, 18 and 24 dB/oct.
> I guess moogladder is 2nd order, so 12 db/oct. I could cascade another one, that would make it 24 dB.
> But then is there a 6dB/oct LP (with res) that I could use (with mooladder) for the 18 dB version?
>

>> On 10/03/18 22:35, jpff wrote:
>> Also ote that re manual for lowres is not the whole story.  The cuto and resonance can be k-rate or a-rate according to the sources. Same for lowresx.
>>

>>> On Sat, 10 Mar 2018, Richard wrote:
>>>

>>> It says about lowres (and lowresx): kcutoff is not in Hz and kresonance is not
>>> in dB, so experiment for the finding best results.
>>> That's a bit hard. Are there any clues or guidelines?
>>> Also, for lowresx, does the scaling of these variables change when numlayers
>>> is changed?
>>>
>>> Richard
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>>> be posted here

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] lowres and lowresx

Moogladder is 4th ordet

> On 10 Mar 2018, at 21:44, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Actually what I need is a LP filter with resonance, that can be switched between 12, 18 and 24 dB/oct.
> I guess moogladder is 2nd order, so 12 db/oct. I could cascade another one, that would make it 24 dB.
> But then is there a 6dB/oct LP (with res) that I could use (with mooladder) for the 18 dB version?
>

>> On 10/03/18 22:35, jpff wrote:
>> Also ote that re manual for lowres is not the whole story.  The cuto and resonance can be k-rate or a-rate according to the sources. Same for lowresx.
>>

>>> On Sat, 10 Mar 2018, Richard wrote:
>>>

>>> It says about lowres (and lowresx): kcutoff is not in Hz and kresonance is not
>>> in dB, so experiment for the finding best results.
>>> That's a bit hard. Are there any clues or guidelines?
>>> Also, for lowresx, does the scaling of these variables change when numlayers
>>> is changed?
>>>
>>> Richard
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>>> be posted here

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] lowres and lowresx

zappfinger
That's a LADSPA plugin, is it not? It would be nice if Csound has its
own native multi-pole filters. It is a rather basic need...

On 10/03/18 22:57, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Try Fons’ mvclpf filters. There is one with four outs, 6, 12, 18 and 24 db/oct
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 10 Mar 2018, at 21:44, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Actually what I need is a LP filter with resonance, that can be switched between 12, 18 and 24 dB/oct.
>> I guess moogladder is 2nd order, so 12 db/oct. I could cascade another one, that would make it 24 dB.
>> But then is there a 6dB/oct LP (with res) that I could use (with mooladder) for the 18 dB version?
>>

>>> On 10/03/18 22:35, jpff wrote:
>>> Also ote that re manual for lowres is not the whole story.  The cuto and resonance can be k-rate or a-rate according to the sources. Same for lowresx.

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues