[Csnd] loscil fractional frequency

Jason Timm
Hi all,

On my system:

macOS 10.12.6
Csound 6.09.1 (double samples)

loscil seems to be truncating kcps to whole numbers.

<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>
 -g -odac
</CsOptions>
; ==============================================
<CsInstruments>

sr   = 44100
ksmps = 10
nchnls = 2
0dbfs = 1.0

instr 1
iamp = 0.2
ifn   = 1
ibase = 1
imode = 0
kcps = p4
aL, aR loscil iamp, kcps, ifn, ibase, imode
      outs aL, aR
endin

</CsInstruments>
; ==============================================
<CsScore>

f1 0 0 1 "amen_break.wav" 0 0 0
i1 0 4 1.00 ; reference freq
i1 4 4 1.99 ; should be almost 2x
i1 8 4 0.99 ; no sound

</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

Re: [Csnd] loscil fractional frequency

Steven Yi
Yes, this was a bug that was introduced in loscil and has been fixed
in develop branch.  The fix will arrive in 6.10.0, which is planned
for before the Csound conference at the end of the month.  If you can
build Csound on your Mac, that'd get the fix, or elese maybe someone
can offer to put up a build somewhere online.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Jason Timm <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On my system:
>
> macOS 10.12.6
> Csound 6.09.1 (double samples)
>
> loscil seems to be truncating kcps to whole numbers.
>

> <CsoundSynthesizer>
> <CsOptions>
>  -g -odac
> </CsOptions>
> ; ==============================================
> <CsInstruments>
>
> sr   = 44100
> ksmps = 10
> nchnls = 2
> 0dbfs = 1.0
>
> instr 1
> iamp = 0.2
> ifn   = 1
> ibase = 1
> imode = 0
> kcps = p4
> aL, aR loscil iamp, kcps, ifn, ibase, imode
>       outs aL, aR
> endin
>
> </CsInstruments>
> ; ==============================================
> <CsScore>
>
> f1 0 0 1 "amen_break.wav" 0 0 0
> i1 0 4 1.00 ; reference freq
> i1 4 4 1.99 ; should be almost 2x
> i1 8 4 0.99 ; no sound
>
> </CsScore>
> </CsoundSynthesizer>

Re: [Csnd] loscil fractional frequency

Jason Timm
Okay cool!

Thanks for the speedy response Steven. :)

Quick question - is building from the brew tap supposed to get me there? I believe that returned 6.07 when I’ve done it.

Thanks,
Jason

On Sep 5, 2017, at 9:31 AM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Csound mailing list [hidden email]
https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
be posted here

Re: [Csnd] loscil fractional frequency

Jason Timm
Never-mind, got it.

I had followed an older link and tapped csound/csound instead of kunstmusik/csound.

All’s well. Works great!