[Csnd] loscil Jumping phase

fauveboy
I'm currently using the following instrument to play back a sample with messages from pd. I wanted to be able to jump to different areas of the sample. So that means have the oscil phase hop to different areas of its phase. if 0 to 1 is a complete phase and we want somewhere within that range say 0.5 (to be half way done the sample). How can this value be sent to losil after ts calculated?

                instr 106

a1, a2 loscil  10000, 1, 5, 1, 1 ;sample-based looping oscillator
        iTablen = nsamp(5)
        iSampdur = iTablen / ftsr(5)
        kdisplay phasor 1/iSampdur
outvalue "samp", kdisplay
                out a1, a2

Re: [Csnd] loscil Jumping phase

Victor Lazzarini-2
loscil is not designed for that type of thing. You need to use a table reader and control the read position (phase) according to what you need.