Quantcast

[Csnd] live coding instr evaluation

ag

[Csnd] live coding instr evaluation

ag
Hi all.

I am taking part in a project where I will be live coding audio effects.
I will be processing 2 incoming mono signals from 2 musicians.

I am not sure about the best way of doing that in Csound.
I have set Paul Batchelor's scripts, as he uses in this example here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjSrh71B2yo

Basically, he defines instruments and then uses schedule to call them.
In my case, I need one instrument defined for each musician, and these
instruments would need to be permanently running, and, as I constantly
edit and evaluate the instruments, I would need Csound to instantly
consider each new definition of instrument as soon as possible after I
evaluate it.

Which would be the best way of achieving that?

Just a quick example to explain a bit more.
Considering this instr definition

{
instr 1
a1 oscili 1, 1000
out a1
endin
}

And then this line to schedule it to play for a lot of time

{
schedule 1, 0, 10000000
}

After the scheduling I immediately get the 1000 Hz sine.
I would like to know how to evaluate the instr 1 definition again,
changing "1000" to "2000", and instantly have Csound considering the
"new" definition.

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

All the best,
Antonio.