[Csnd] launching multiple csound files orc/sco

[Csnd] launching multiple csound files orc/sco

fauveboy
As my csound instruments are developing there getting noticeably complex to
read. To spread things out is it possible to spread the instruments into
separate csd files instead of having many instruments, p fields and i
statements ect.

If this happens however are there ways to launch a number of csd files from
the terminal? better yet can these files communicate, for example sending a
single from one csd file to another csd file with a mixer and reverb ?

Many thanks

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] launching multiple csound files orc/sco

Victor Lazzarini-2
If you have Jack you can do that, just start different csound processes and
inter connect them with jack.

Beyond that you would need to write your own API host/frontend.

> On 29 Apr 2018, at 19:18, fauveboy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> As my csound instruments are developing there getting noticeably complex to
> read. To spread things out is it possible to spread the instruments into
> separate csd files instead of having many instruments, p fields and i
> statements ect.
>
> If this happens however are there ways to launch a number of csd files from
> the terminal? better yet can these files communicate, for example sending a
> single from one csd file to another csd file with a mixer and reverb ?
>
> Many thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] launching multiple csound files orc/sco

Not a real solution but using #include can simplify the code.

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018, fauveboy wrote:

> As my csound instruments are developing there getting noticeably complex to
> read. To spread things out is it possible to spread the instruments into
> separate csd files instead of having many instruments, p fields and i
> statements ect.
>
> If this happens however are there ways to launch a number of csd files from
> the terminal? better yet can these files communicate, for example sending a
> single from one csd file to another csd file with a mixer and reverb ?
>
> Many thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] launching multiple csound files orc/sco

thorin kerr
For complex orchestras you can go along way with includes, and some kind of patching scheme (using zak, mixer, or chn opcodes).

Here's an example of a 'master' csd I was working on for a while. Don't try and run it... you don't have the included files. It's just to illustrate a methodology. If you study it you can probably work out how it's put together: All the instruments, tables and note events are tucked away in individual 'included' files. The 'master' csd is mostly to control a mixer instrument.

Admittedly... I never finished this one, but the methodology worked.

Thorin

On Mon, 30 Apr. 2018, 5:03 am jpff, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not a real solution but using #include can simplify the code.

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018, fauveboy wrote:

> As my csound instruments are developing there getting noticeably complex to
> read. To spread things out is it possible to spread the instruments into
> separate csd files instead of having many instruments, p fields and i
> statements ect.
>
> If this happens however are there ways to launch a number of csd files from
> the terminal? better yet can these files communicate, for example sending a
> single from one csd file to another csd file with a mixer and reverb ?
>
> Many thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues