[Csnd] irate, krate,inch,Gen1

Arash Hajihoseini
Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to write from inch into Gen1. Also is there a way to update irate variables at krate? I understand you can cast like this:

ifreq init i(kfreq)

but how do you make it update at krate.
I prefer not send a new event i because I don't necessarily want a new note I just want to update irate variables at krate.

I appreciate any help.

Best,
Arash

Re: [Csnd] irate, krate,inch,Gen1

Victor Lazzarini-2
You might be confusing GEN routines with function tables. GENs are called to fill tables, so what you might be asking is if you can write to tables, which you can with the tablew opcode, for instance.

i-rate variables can only but updated at i-time or at reinit time (see reinit).

On 2 Aug 2018, at 16:26, Arash Hajihoseini <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to write from inch into Gen1. Also is there a way to update irate variables at krate? I understand you can cast like this:

ifreq init i(kfreq)

but how do you make it update at krate.
I prefer not send a new event i because I don't necessarily want a new note I just want to update irate variables at krate.

I appreciate any help.

Best,
Arash

Re: [Csnd] irate, krate,inch,Gen1

Arash Hajihoseini
Thank you for your response. If I write the signal from inch into a table is there a way to get mincer to read from that table?

best,
Arash