[Csnd] hrtfmove(2) - different volume on azimuth=0

[Csnd] hrtfmove(2) - different volume on azimuth=0

Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
is it to be expected that the hrtfmove and hrtfmove2 opcodes used with the
hrtf-48000-left/right.dat files gives different amplitudes for left and right
output on an azimuth of 0? I assumed that kazimuth = 0 means that the output
is dead centre. Or is the ideal head model used so unproportional?

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There must be another way
Cause I believe in taking chances
But who am I to say - What a girl is to do <3
(Britney Spears)

[Csnd] Fwd: [Csnd] hrtfmove(2) - different volume on azimuth=0

Victor Lazzarini-2
Here’s the reply from the author. You may contact him directly if you have
any issues with what he states.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brian Carty <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Csnd] hrtfmove(2) - different volume on azimuth=0
Date: 21 September 2018 at 12:01:54 IST
To: Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>

Hi Victor, left and right amps seem similar for me for both (attached example).
Overall l/r amps for hrtfmove compared to overall l/r amps for hrtfmove2 are different due to the different algorithms...for example empirical phase versus functional phase.

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 at 19:50, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you know the answer?

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jeanette C. <[hidden email]>
Date: 20 September 2018 at 19:29:57 IST
To: <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Csnd] hrtfmove(2) - different volume on azimuth=0

Hey hey,
is it to be expected that the hrtfmove and hrtfmove2 opcodes used with the hrtf-48000-left/right.dat files gives different amplitudes for left and right output on an azimuth of 0? I assumed that kazimuth = 0 means that the output is dead centre. Or is the ideal head model used so unproportional?

Best wishes,

Jeanette

* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There must be another way
Cause I believe in taking chances
But who am I to say - What a girl is to do <3
(Britney Spears)

hrtfmove2.csd (1K) Download Attachment
hrtf-48000-left.dat (251K) Download Attachment
hrtf-48000-right.dat (251K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] Fwd: [Csnd] hrtfmove(2) - different volume on azimuth=0

Jeanette C.
Hi Victor and Brian (should you be reading here),
thanks for the reply. After further checking, I discovered that my
hrtf-48000-right.dat was faulty, due to an undiscovered reason. Swapping it
for a good version everything is as I would expect.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I used to think