Quantcast

[Csnd] --get-system-sr

Dave Seidel
Is the --get-system-sr expected to return something useful? When I run it on my RPi2 (rescued from temporary duty as the home media center), I don't see the sample rate printed:

pi@medvidek:~/work/r48 $ csound --get-system-sr
virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
WARNING: STK opcodes not available: define environment variable RAWWAVE_PATH
(points to rawwaves directory) to use STK opcodes.
0dBFS level = 32768.0
--Csound version 6.09 (double samples) Mar 11 2017
[commit: b6953458601a5c63aba3c75b5a87cd3549ac9ea2]
libsndfile-1.0.25
end of score.   overall amps:      0.0
  overall samples out of range:        0
0 errors in performance
Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 0.001s, CPU: 0.001s

Re: [Csnd] --get-system-sr

jpff
Dos te same for me on linux laptop.  Will take a look

Looksas if te code needs a -odac as an earlier option

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, Dave Seidel wrote:

> Is the --get-system-sr expected to return something useful? When I run it on
> my RPi2 (rescued from temporary duty as the home media center), I don't see
> the sample rate printed:
> pi@medvidek:~/work/r48 $ csound --get-system-sr
> virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
> WARNING: STK opcodes not available: define environment variable RAWWAVE_PATH
> (points to rawwaves directory) to use STK opcodes.
> 0dBFS level = 32768.0
> --Csound version 6.09 (double samples) Mar 11 2017
> [commit: b6953458601a5c63aba3c75b5a87cd3549ac9ea2]
> libsndfile-1.0.25
> end of score.   overall amps:      0.0
>   overall samples out of range:        0
> 0 errors in performance
> Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 0.001s, CPU: 0.001s
>
> --
> http://mysterybear.nethttps://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com

Re: [Csnd] --get-system-sr

jpff
odder than tat

-odac --get-system-sr gives

libsndfile-1.0.27pre1
rtaudio: ALSA module enabled
rtmidi: ALSA Raw MIDI module enabled
  *** Unable to set requested sample format on soundcard
Failed to initialise real time audio output

while csound -+rtaudio=pulse -odac --get-system-sr
gives
PulseAudio output server: default
pulseaudio output open
writing 256 sample blks of 64-bit floats to dac
system sr: -1.000000

Tink we need  expert1

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, jpff wrote:

> Dos te same for me on linux laptop.  Will take a look
>
> Looksas if te code needs a -odac as an earlier option
>
> On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, Dave Seidel wrote:
>
>> Is the --get-system-sr expected to return something useful? When I run it
>> on
>> my RPi2 (rescued from temporary duty as the home media center), I don't see
>> the sample rate printed:
>> pi@medvidek:~/work/r48 $ csound --get-system-sr
>> virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
>> WARNING: STK opcodes not available: define environment variable
>> RAWWAVE_PATH
>> (points to rawwaves directory) to use STK opcodes.
>> 0dBFS level = 32768.0
>> --Csound version 6.09 (double samples) Mar 11 2017
>> [commit: b6953458601a5c63aba3c75b5a87cd3549ac9ea2]
>> libsndfile-1.0.25
>> end of score.   overall amps:      0.0
>>   overall samples out of range:        0
>> 0 errors in performance
>> Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 0.001s, CPU: 0.001s
>>
>> --
>> http://mysterybear.nethttps://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
>> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
>> can
>> be posted here

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] --get-system-sr

Victor Lazzarini
the pulse module does not support this feature. The alsa should, though.

> On 12 Mar 2017, at 15:08, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> odder than tat
>
> -odac --get-system-sr gives
>
> libsndfile-1.0.27pre1
> rtaudio: ALSA module enabled
> rtmidi: ALSA Raw MIDI module enabled
> *** Unable to set requested sample format on soundcard
> Failed to initialise real time audio output
>
> while csound -+rtaudio=pulse -odac --get-system-sr
> gives
> PulseAudio output server: default
> pulseaudio output open
> writing 256 sample blks of 64-bit floats to dac
> system sr: -1.000000
>
> Tink we need  expert1
>

>> On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, jpff wrote:
>>
>> Dos te same for me on linux laptop.  Will take a look
>>
>> Looksas if te code needs a -odac as an earlier option
>>
>>> On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, Dave Seidel wrote:
>>>
>>> Is the --get-system-sr expected to return something useful? When I run it on
>>> my RPi2 (rescued from temporary duty as the home media center), I don't see
>>> the sample rate printed:
>>> pi@medvidek:~/work/r48 $ csound --get-system-sr
>>> virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
>>> WARNING: STK opcodes not available: define environment variable RAWWAVE_PATH
>>> (points to rawwaves directory) to use STK opcodes.
>>> 0dBFS level = 32768.0
>>> --Csound version 6.09 (double samples) Mar 11 2017
>>> [commit: b6953458601a5c63aba3c75b5a87cd3549ac9ea2]
>>> libsndfile-1.0.25
>>> end of score.   overall amps:      0.0
>>>   overall samples out of range:        0
>>> 0 errors in performance
>>> Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 0.001s, CPU: 0.001s
>>> --
>>> http://mysterybear.nethttps://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
>>> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] --get-system-sr

Dave Seidel
Here's with -odac (note that alsa is the only choice, and I get identical output with -+rtaudio=alsa):

libsndfile-1.0.25

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
the pulse module does not support this feature. The alsa should, though.

> On 12 Mar 2017, at 15:08, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> odder than tat
>
> -odac --get-system-sr gives
>
> libsndfile-1.0.27pre1
> rtaudio: ALSA module enabled
> rtmidi: ALSA Raw MIDI module enabled
> *** Unable to set requested sample format on soundcard
> Failed to initialise real time audio output
>
> while csound -+rtaudio=pulse -odac --get-system-sr
> gives
> PulseAudio output server: default
> pulseaudio output open
> writing 256 sample blks of 64-bit floats to dac
> system sr: -1.000000
>
> Tink we need  expert1
>

>> On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, jpff wrote:
>>
>> Dos te same for me on linux laptop.  Will take a look
>>
>> Looksas if te code needs a -odac as an earlier option
>>
>>> On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, Dave Seidel wrote:
>>>
>>> Is the --get-system-sr expected to return something useful? When I run it on
>>> my RPi2 (rescued from temporary duty as the home media center), I don't see
>>> the sample rate printed:
>>> pi@medvidek:~/work/r48 $ csound --get-system-sr
>>> virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
>>> WARNING: STK opcodes not available: define environment variable RAWWAVE_PATH
>>> (points to rawwaves directory) to use STK opcodes.
>>> 0dBFS level = 32768.0
>>> --Csound version 6.09 (double samples) Mar 11 2017
>>> [commit: b6953458601a5c63aba3c75b5a87cd3549ac9ea2]
>>> libsndfile-1.0.25
>>> end of score.   overall amps:      0.0
>>>   overall samples out of range:        0
>>> 0 errors in performance
>>> Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 0.001s, CPU: 0.001s
>>> --
>>> http://mysterybear.nethttps://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
>>> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] --get-system-sr

Victor Lazzarini
Here I get it to report the SR, but it returns -1, which means there is no system SR to report. The message you get
sometimes can appear depending on the alsa device you select (even if it is the default). Try the
With portaudio (-+rtaudio=pa) I get 44100. I guess this makes more sense with jack, where
there is a daemon running.

> On 12 Mar 2017, at 15:28, Dave Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Here's with -odac (note that alsa is the only choice, and I get identical output with -+rtaudio=alsa):
>
> libsndfile-1.0.25
> rtaudio: ALSA module enabled
> rtmidi: ALSA Raw MIDI module enabled
>  *** Unable to set requested sample format on soundcard
> Failed to initialise real time audio output
>

> On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
> the pulse module does not support this feature. The alsa should, though.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
> > On 12 Mar 2017, at 15:08, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > odder than tat
> >
> > -odac --get-system-sr gives
> >
> > libsndfile-1.0.27pre1
> > rtaudio: ALSA module enabled
> > rtmidi: ALSA Raw MIDI module enabled
> > *** Unable to set requested sample format on soundcard
> > Failed to initialise real time audio output
> >
> > while csound -+rtaudio=pulse -odac --get-system-sr
> > gives
> > PulseAudio output server: default
> > pulseaudio output open
> > writing 256 sample blks of 64-bit floats to dac
> > system sr: -1.000000
> >
> > Tink we need  expert1
> >

> >> On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, jpff wrote:
> >>
> >> Dos te same for me on linux laptop.  Will take a look
> >>
> >> Looksas if te code needs a -odac as an earlier option

> >> [hidden email]
> >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> >> Send bugs reports to
> >>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

> http://mysterybear.net
> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com

Re: [Csnd] --get-system-sr

Dave Seidel
It's more for curiosity at the moment, I've had no problems getting 44100 and lower. I don't expect to be able to use a high sample rate with this application, as the system will be receiving continuous OSC input via UDP, lists of 400 values that get routed to 20 control channels. So, a certain amount of processing to do, but working very nicely (using ctcsound + numpy). Pi2, HifiBerry DAC+ for audio.