[Csnd] font sizes

Bill Alves
I have a project in which I would like a live musician to see measure and beat numbers on a laptop screen as the csound file plays. Since I was using CsoundQT, I displayed the numbers with widgets, but I found that widgets seem to have a font size limit of 99. I would like to have the numbers potentially fill the whole screen. Thanks for your suggestions.

Bill Alves
Professor of Music, The Claremont Colleges
Harvey Mudd College
301 Platt Blvd. Claremont CA 91711
http://pages.hmc.edu/alves/
http://www.billalves.com/

Re: [Csnd] font sizes

gsenna
Hi Bill,

I don't know about CsoundQt font sizes, but maybe you could talk to
the software INScore through OSC if there is no way around it with the
widgets.

Just a thought!

> I have a project in which I would like a live musician to see measure and
> beat numbers on a laptop screen as the csound file plays. Since I was using
> CsoundQT, I displayed the numbers with widgets, but I found that widgets
> seem to have a font size limit of 99. I would like to have the numbers
> potentially fill the whole screen. Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> Bill Alves
> Professor of Music, The Claremont Colleges
> Harvey Mudd College
> 301 Platt Blvd. Claremont CA 91711
> http://pages.hmc.edu/alves/
> http://www.billalves.com/

Re: [Csnd] font sizes

Use HTML. You can then have any font size or style you like. You can
use the very latest version of the Windows installer with CsoundQt
that has HTML5 support enabled, or csound.node. CsoundQt comes with
some HTML examples.

If you are not on Windows you can use the WebAssembly build of Csound,
which runs in a Web browser without external dependencies. Example
here: https://gogins.github.io/csound/Scrims_wasm.html, clone the
whole business from https://github.com/gogins/gogins.github.io and run
your own local Web server to get this to work on your computer.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Bill Alves <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a project in which I would like a live musician to see measure and beat numbers on a laptop screen as the csound file plays. Since I was using CsoundQT, I displayed the numbers with widgets, but I found that widgets seem to have a font size limit of 99. I would like to have the numbers potentially fill the whole screen. Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> Bill Alves
> Professor of Music, The Claremont Colleges
> Harvey Mudd College
> 301 Platt Blvd. Claremont CA 91711
> http://pages.hmc.edu/alves/
> http://www.billalves.com/

Re: [Csnd] font sizes

joachim-3
or, as two other (very simple) options:
1. reduce screen resolution (e.g. 600x800 instead of 1000x1600)
2. zoom in via your operating system (for me on debian: alt + scroll up).

        joachim

On 17/09/17 20:54, Guillermo Senna wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> I don't know about CsoundQt font sizes, but maybe you could talk to
> the software INScore through OSC if there is no way around it with the
> widgets.
>
> Just a thought!

>> I have a project in which I would like a live musician to see measure and
>> beat numbers on a laptop screen as the csound file plays. Since I was using
>> CsoundQT, I displayed the numbers with widgets, but I found that widgets
>> seem to have a font size limit of 99. I would like to have the numbers
>> potentially fill the whole screen. Thanks for your suggestions.
>>
>> Bill Alves
>> Professor of Music, The Claremont Colleges
>> Harvey Mudd College
>> 301 Platt Blvd. Claremont CA 91711
>> http://pages.hmc.edu/alves/
>> http://www.billalves.com/

Re: [Csnd] font sizes

There is also CsounQt build for osx on CsoundQt releases page 0.9.5 beta on CsoundQt Github page.

But I will increase the font size limit for native widgest as well in CsoundQT. Thanks for hint.

Tarmo

17.09.2017 22:02 kirjutas kuupäeval "Michael Gogins" <[hidden email]>:
Use HTML. You can then have any font size or style you like. You can
use the very latest version of the Windows installer with CsoundQt
that has HTML5 support enabled, or csound.node. CsoundQt comes with
some HTML examples.

If you are not on Windows you can use the WebAssembly build of Csound,
which runs in a Web browser without external dependencies. Example
here: https://gogins.github.io/csound/Scrims_wasm.html, clone the
whole business from https://github.com/gogins/gogins.github.io and run
your own local Web server to get this to work on your computer.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Bill Alves <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have a project in which I would like a live musician to see measure and beat numbers on a laptop screen as the csound file plays. Since I was using CsoundQT, I displayed the numbers with widgets, but I found that widgets seem to have a font size limit of 99. I would like to have the numbers potentially fill the whole screen. Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> Bill Alves
> Professor of Music, The Claremont Colleges
> Harvey Mudd College
> 301 Platt Blvd. Claremont CA 91711
> http://pages.hmc.edu/alves/
> http://www.billalves.com/

Re: [Csnd] font sizes

Tarmo Johannes-3
And there is my vClick app -

Your player could use that (also in a phone on a stand) and you can send OSC messages from Csound to the app,

See tarmoj.github.io/vclick - how it works (and getting started)

Hope it helps.

Hi,