[Csnd] fofilter

genell
Dear csounders,

I am curious about the fofilter opcode. I am wondering a bit about different ways to use it. Is there a (simple) way to figure out how to create different vowel sounds for instance? Does anybody have examples, other than the one in the manual?

Regards,
Anders

Re: [Csnd] fofilter

Marvin Juneyoung Kim
Hi Anders,

there is a chart of formant frequency and bandwidth values in Csound manual.

That way you can type in the numbers in the chart to create different vowels.

Best,
Marvin

Re: [Csnd] fofilter

genell
Thank you, Marvin!

I have seen those tables but as I understand it, they are for the fof/fof2 opcodes but not for the fofilter opcode.

Regards,
Anders

3 maj 2018 kl. 05:37 skrev Marvin Juneyoung Kim <[hidden email]>:

Hi Anders,

there is a chart of formant frequency and bandwidth values in Csound manual.

That way you can type in the numbers in the chart to create different vowels.

Best,
Marvin

Re: [Csnd] fofilter

Victor Lazzarini-2
It’s a band pass filter. You set the frequencies, then the rise and decay times
for the impulse response. The rise time
is just like kris in FOF and the decay time
is inversely proportional to the bandwidth.

On 3 May 2018, at 06:45, Anders Genell <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Aha! Bandwidth of impulse response!
Didn’t read the instructions properly...
Thanks!!

Regards,
Anders