[Csnd] exploding chords/glissando

zappfinger
I would like to create 'exploding chords'. For example, when playing an
'Am', all 3 notes start at the 'c', then one note slides down to 'a',
another note slides up to 'e'. What is the best opcode I can use for
this sliding from one note to another?

Richard

Re: [Csnd] exploding chords/glissando

Steven Yi
I use glissandi quite a bit.  I suppose how you go about it will
affect your p-field signature for your instrument, but I've been
tending to use expseg lately to move from one pitch to another.  So
something like:

ipch = cps2pch(8.00, 12)
ipch2 = cps2pch(8.03, 12)

kpch = expseg(ipch, p3 * .5, ipch2, p3 * .5, ipch2)

asig = vco2(0.5, kpch)
asig = moogladder(asig, 2000, 0.1)
asig *= expon(1.0, p3, 0.0001)

outc(asig, asig)

might work.

Alternately, you could use tied notes and work with the port opcode to
glide over time.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to create 'exploding chords'. For example, when playing an
> 'Am', all 3 notes start at the 'c', then one note slides down to 'a',
> another note slides up to 'e'. What is the best opcode I can use for this
> sliding from one note to another?
>
> Richard

Re: [Csnd] exploding chords/glissando

zappfinger
Thanks Steven, that's a good starting point. In my case it must also be
playable from a midi keyboard.

Richard

On 21/03/17 21:50, Steven Yi wrote:

> I use glissandi quite a bit.  I suppose how you go about it will
> affect your p-field signature for your instrument, but I've been
> tending to use expseg lately to move from one pitch to another.  So
> something like:
>
> ipch = cps2pch(8.00, 12)
> ipch2 = cps2pch(8.03, 12)
>
> kpch = expseg(ipch, p3 * .5, ipch2, p3 * .5, ipch2)
>
> asig = vco2(0.5, kpch)
> asig = moogladder(asig, 2000, 0.1)
> asig *= expon(1.0, p3, 0.0001)
>
> outc(asig, asig)
>
> might work.
>
> Alternately, you could use tied notes and work with the port opcode to
> glide over time.
>

> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I would like to create 'exploding chords'. For example, when playing an
>> 'Am', all 3 notes start at the 'c', then one note slides down to 'a',
>> another note slides up to 'e'. What is the best opcode I can use for this
>> sliding from one note to another?
>>
>> Richard

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] exploding chords/glissando

zappfinger
Related to this: how can determine what instruments instance i'm in? The
code might need to do something else depending on what instance is
running...

Richard

On 21/03/17 21:50, Steven Yi wrote:

> I use glissandi quite a bit.  I suppose how you go about it will
> affect your p-field signature for your instrument, but I've been
> tending to use expseg lately to move from one pitch to another.  So
> something like:
>
> ipch = cps2pch(8.00, 12)
> ipch2 = cps2pch(8.03, 12)
>
> kpch = expseg(ipch, p3 * .5, ipch2, p3 * .5, ipch2)
>
> asig = vco2(0.5, kpch)
> asig = moogladder(asig, 2000, 0.1)
> asig *= expon(1.0, p3, 0.0001)
>
> outc(asig, asig)
>
> might work.
>
> Alternately, you could use tied notes and work with the port opcode to
> glide over time.
>

> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I would like to create 'exploding chords'. For example, when playing an
>> 'Am', all 3 notes start at the 'c', then one note slides down to 'a',
>> another note slides up to 'e'. What is the best opcode I can use for this
>> sliding from one note to another?
>>
>> Richard

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

explode.mp3 (285K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] exploding chords/glissando

AndreaS

Hi Richard, today I made same test with Steven code about glissando (attached).

Perhaps it can be useful to you.

All the best

A.S.

MidiPolyMultiTrigg_04.csd (14K) Download Attachment