[Csnd] error: -+rtmidi='portmidi': unknown module

[Csnd] error: -+rtmidi='portmidi': unknown module

Tobiah
I portmidi something that I have to get myself?  I can
only seem to find source code for it and I don't remember
having to install it separately in the past.

Thanks,

Toby

error: -+rtmidi='portmidi': unknown module
  *** error opening MIDI out device: -1 (Unknown MIDI error)

Also I get no devices when I use --midi-devices

Re: [Csnd] error: -+rtmidi='portmidi': unknown module

Steven Yi
Which version of Csound and operating system is this referring to?

On 8/31/2017 5:00 PM, Steven Yi wrote:
> Which version of Csound and operating system is this referring to?

--Csound version 6.09.1 (double samples) Jul 10 2017

Running on windows.  I'm trying to use Cygwin to launch it
but I get the same thing when I run csound from a regular
command prompt.

This environment variable exists:

OPCODE6DIR64=C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\plugins64\

Thanks,

Toby

On 8/31/2017 5:02 PM, John ff wrote:
> Platform?

Winders 10

Re: [Csnd] error: -+rtmidi='portmidi': unknown module

Tobiah
If it matters, I used an installer called:

Setup_Csound6_x64_6.09.1.exe

On 8/31/2017 5:02 PM, John ff wrote:

> Platform?
>
> Sent from TypeApp <http://www.typeapp.com/r?b=10561>
> On Sep 1, 2017, at 00:55, Tobiah <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I portmidi something that I have to get myself?  I can
>     only seem to find source code for it and I don't remember
>     having to install it separately in the past.
>
>     Thanks,
>

>     Toby
>

>     error: -+rtmidi='portmidi': unknown module
>        *** error opening MIDI out device: -1 (Unknown MIDI error)
>

>     Also I get no devices when I use --midi-devices
>
>     Csound mailing list
>     [hidden email]
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     Send bugs reports to
>              https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>
> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] error: -+rtmidi='portmidi': unknown module

Steven Yi
In OPCODE6DIR64, do you have a file called pmidi.dll?  That is the
library that has the portmidi driver for Csound. Also, you may want to
check that other opcode libraries are loading correctly from
OPCODE6DIR64. (You could try running "csound -z" and seeing near the
beginning of the output how many opcodes are reported as found.)

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Tobiah <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If it matters, I used an installer called:
>
> Setup_Csound6_x64_6.09.1.exe
>

> On 8/31/2017 5:02 PM, John ff wrote:
>>
>> Platform?
>>
>> Sent from TypeApp <http://www.typeapp.com/r?b=10561>
>> On Sep 1, 2017, at 00:55, Tobiah <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     I portmidi something that I have to get myself?  I can
>>     only seem to find source code for it and I don't remember
>>     having to install it separately in the past.
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>

>>     Toby
>>

>>     error: -+rtmidi='portmidi': unknown module
>>        *** error opening MIDI out device: -1 (Unknown MIDI error)
>>

>>     Also I get no devices when I use --midi-devices
>>
>>     Csound mailing list
>>     [hidden email]
>>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>>     Send bugs reports to
>>              https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>>
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>> be posted here

Re: [Csnd] error: -+rtmidi='portmidi': unknown module

Tobiah
I have 2161 opcodes.  There is no pmidi.dll,
but there is an ipmidi.dll.

Toby