[Csnd] effect of aexite in wgpluck not noticeable

[Csnd] effect of aexite in wgpluck not noticeable

zappfinger
I was playing around with wgpluck. I noticed that making aexite 0 still
produced sound.
I also expected that creating a 'dirty' exitation signal (a combination
of noise, ring modulation under an exponential envelope) would produce
interesting harmonics, but none of this is happening. Am I wrong about
the assumptions of the exite signal?

Richard

Re: [Csnd] effect of aexite in wgpluck not noticeable

Oeyvind Brandtsegg-3
I would expect the same as you. Did you try maing the amplitude zero? If the manual is correct, the iamp argument sets the amplitude of the initial pluck. If you are using another more free exciter signale, perhaps you need to set the amp to zero to let the waveguide be excited only by the axcite signal ? Partly guessing here, so do forgive if I'm off. Also, do check out Victor's more recent implementations of waveguides with allpass-adjusted delaylines for more precise tuning. IIRC there was a discussion with him and Aaron a while back(?). Those implementations would give you better control of what the exciter signal is, and where you insert it into the loop, and you could roll your own variations quite easily.