[Csnd-dev] write table into audio file

what is fastest method to write a table containg audio to a file?

I need to load audio from file to table, do some manipulations and save it to
another file? The files are large and it does not need to be realtime, of
course.

tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] write table into audio file

jpff
Best would be to write a new opcode...... not too hard.  Something like
   tabwrite trig, file.name", format

How quickly do you need a solution?

On Mon, 4 Jun 2018, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what is fastest method to write a table containg audio to a file?
>
> I need to load audio from file to table, do some manipulations and save it to
> another file? The files are large and it does not need to be realtime, of
> course.
>
> tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] write table into audio file

Victor Lazzarini-2
In that case, it would be good if it was asynchronous as well so that it can be used without blocking the processing thread.

> On 4 Jun 2018, at 17:10, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Best would be to write a new opcode...... not too hard.  Something like
>  tabwrite trig, file.name", format
>
> How quickly do you need a solution?
>
>> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what is fastest method to write a table containg audio to a file?
>>
>> I need to load audio from file to table, do some manipulations and save it to
>> another file? The files are large and it does not need to be realtime, of
>> course.
>>
>> tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] write table into audio file

New opcode ftaudio is now it git to do this.  Documentation to follow

On Mon, 4 Jun 2018, jpff wrote:

> Best would be to write a new opcode...... not too hard.  Something like
>  tabwrite trig, file.name", format
>
> How quickly do you need a solution?
>
> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what is fastest method to write a table containg audio to a file?
>>
>> I need to load audio from file to table, do some manipulations and save it
>> another file? The files are large and it does not need to be realtime, of
>> course.
>>
>> tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] write table into audio file

Doctor B
Super!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 7, 2018, at 8:04 AM, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> New opcode ftaudio is now it git to do this.  Documentation to follow
>
>> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018, jpff wrote:
>>
>> Best would be to write a new opcode...... not too hard.  Something like
>> tabwrite trig, file.name", format
>>
>> How quickly do you need a solution?
>>
>>> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> what is fastest method to write a table containg audio to a file?
>>> I need to load audio from file to table, do some manipulations and save it to
>>> another file? The files are large and it does not need to be realtime, of
>>> course.
>>> tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] write table into audio file

joachim-3
+1

very useful, and good to have it as fast, native code.