[Csnd-dev] wasm

jhearon
re:...the Csound for WebAssembly build created by Victor
Lazzarini, Edward Costello, and Steven Yi.

https://michaelgogins.tumblr.com/post/170909054613/operating-systems-asleep-at-the-wheel-and-the

I had a look-see.  Thanks for the info.  It's interesting to ponder all of that.  My question about WASM was the difference between Csound-Extended and Csound(core) regarding libcsound.wasm and libcsound.js.  I had found the builds of those in gogins.github.io so I could avoid having to deal with installing the Webassembly toolchain and dependencies.  I'm hoping a build of the wasm librarie(s) will continue to be available someplace which would also support updates to features via the scripts.  I hope that's not me being lazy but rather just trying to keep down the number of packages and dependencies required on my machine for Csound.

Regards,
Jim

Re: [Csnd-dev] wasm

Michael Gogins-2
I have not been building wasm for csound-extended, but I will soon do
that as a matter of course and release it as an artifact.

This will include the same interface as in Victor's build, on which it
is based, but it will also include my own design for a WebAssembly
interface, which will use the same signatures and semantics as the
regular Csound C API in csound.h, and the rregular C++ API in
csound_threaded.hpp for Linux and the CsoundOboe class for Android.

csound-extended will be regularly updated for Linux, Android, and WebAssembly.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com