[Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017

Eugene Cherny
Hi folks!

The Nord Modular to Csound converter has undergone serious rewriting
recently. Now the converter looks more like a tool, it can be easily
installed through pip, and the conversion seems to be working fine now.
So we are moving to the phase of implementing the actual Nord's modules
as UDOs. Please, check the progress here:
https://github.com/gleb812/pch2csd/

Meanwhile, I'm going to present the project at the SMC this Saturday
(Gleb's saving money for Montevideo and won't be in Finland). Is anyone
attending the conference? I've seen Dr. Lazzarini in the program, will
you be presenting yourself?

Eugene

Re: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017

Victor Lazzarini
Hi Eugene,

I'll see you there then. I have a paper on Friday on the Csound plugin framework.

best

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 17:27, Eugene Cherny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi folks!
>
> The Nord Modular to Csound converter has undergone serious rewriting
> recently. Now the converter looks more like a tool, it can be easily
> installed through pip, and the conversion seems to be working fine now.
> So we are moving to the phase of implementing the actual Nord's modules
> as UDOs. Please, check the progress here:
> https://github.com/gleb812/pch2csd/
>
> Meanwhile, I'm going to present the project at the SMC this Saturday
> (Gleb's saving money for Montevideo and won't be in Finland). Is anyone
> attending the conference? I've seen Dr. Lazzarini in the program, will
> you be presenting yourself?
>
> Eugene

Re: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017

gsenna
Hi Victor,

Will you be able to share that paper publicly after Friday? I'd love to
read it.

Cheers.

On 04/07/17 12:34, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Hi Eugene,
>
> I'll see you there then. I have a paper on Friday on the Csound plugin framework.
>
> best
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 17:27, Eugene Cherny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks!
>>
>> The Nord Modular to Csound converter has undergone serious rewriting
>> recently. Now the converter looks more like a tool, it can be easily
>> installed through pip, and the conversion seems to be working fine now.
>> So we are moving to the phase of implementing the actual Nord's modules
>> as UDOs. Please, check the progress here:
>> https://github.com/gleb812/pch2csd/
>>
>> Meanwhile, I'm going to present the project at the SMC this Saturday
>> (Gleb's saving money for Montevideo and won't be in Finland). Is anyone
>> attending the conference? I've seen Dr. Lazzarini in the program, will
>> you be presenting yourself?
>>
>> Eugene

Re: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017

Victor Lazzarini
yep, even before then. Let me get to the hotel and I'll do it.

Here it is http://vlazzarini.github.io/smc2017/cpof.pdf

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 21:04, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> yep, even before then. Let me get to the hotel and I'll do it.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 23:01, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Victor,
>>
>> Will you be able to share that paper publicly after Friday? I'd love to
>> read it.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>>> On 04/07/17 12:34, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>> Hi Eugene,
>>>
>>> I'll see you there then. I have a paper on Friday on the Csound plugin framework.
>>>
>>> best
>>>
>>> Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>>> Maynooth University
>>> Ireland

Re: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017

gsenna
Great! Thanks. I see that cipó means "the hand of the branch" in
tupí-guaraní. I feel it's an appropriate name for an interface.

On 04/07/17 18:48, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Here it is http://vlazzarini.github.io/smc2017/cpof.pdf
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 21:04, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> yep, even before then. Let me get to the hotel and I'll do it.
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 23:01, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Victor,
>>>
>>> Will you be able to share that paper publicly after Friday? I'd love to
>>> read it.
>>>
>>> Cheers.

Re: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017

Victor Lazzarini
I didn’t know that. Live and learn.

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 23:08, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Great! Thanks. I see that cipó means "the hand of the branch" in
> tupí-guaraní. I feel it's an appropriate name for an interface.
>

> On 04/07/17 18:48, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> Here it is http://vlazzarini.github.io/smc2017/cpof.pdf
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 21:04, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> yep, even before then. Let me get to the hotel and I'll do it.
>>>
>>> Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>>> Maynooth University
>>> Ireland

Re: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017

Steven Yi
Hope SMC and the presentations went well!  I've got pch2csd installed
here and it seems to operate according to the current status of the
documentation.  I'm looking forward to reading about cpof too!

Thanks all!
steven

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Victor Lazzarini
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I didn’t know that. Live and learn.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 23:08, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Great! Thanks. I see that cipó means "the hand of the branch" in
>> tupí-guaraní. I feel it's an appropriate name for an interface.
>>

>> On 04/07/17 18:48, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>> Here it is http://vlazzarini.github.io/smc2017/cpof.pdf
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

Re: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017

Eugene Cherny
Hi Steven!

Check out the proceedings: http://smc2017.aalto.fi/proceedings.html —
Victor's paper is up there already! I've just listened his presentation,
cpof looks really nice!

Ech

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017, at 05:36, Steven Yi wrote:

> Hope SMC and the presentations went well!  I've got pch2csd installed
> here and it seems to operate according to the current status of the
> documentation.  I'm looking forward to reading about cpof too!
>
> Thanks all!
> steven
>
> On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Victor Lazzarini
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I didn’t know that. Live and learn.
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> >> On 4 Jul 2017, at 23:08, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Great! Thanks. I see that cipó means "the hand of the branch" in
> >> tupí-guaraní. I feel it's an appropriate name for an interface.

Re: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017

Steven Yi
Thanks Eugene, some very interesting papers this year!  Going to take
a while to read through. :)

Cheers!
steven