[Csnd-dev] opcode SDK

Victor Lazzarini-2
Hi everyone,

to try to encourage third-party opcode development, we have discussed putting together
a simple plugin opcode SDK. So to kick this off, I’ve started a new repo in the Csound
project with the basics of this (CMake scripts and trivial examples)

https://github.com/csound/opcode_sdk

it should be easy enough to fork this and start developing. Further documentation
may be added, as well as other examples, but this should be enough to get people
started.

Re: [Csnd-dev] opcode SDK

gsenna
Excellent idea!

On 22/06/18 07:31, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> to try to encourage third-party opcode development, we have discussed putting together
> a simple plugin opcode SDK. So to kick this off, I’ve started a new repo in the Csound
> project with the basics of this (CMake scripts and trivial examples)
>
> https://github.com/csound/opcode_sdk
>
> it should be easy enough to fork this and start developing. Further documentation
> may be added, as well as other examples, but this should be enough to get people
> started.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

Re: [Csnd-dev] opcode SDK

rorywalsh
A welcome development.

On 22 June 2018 at 11:38, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent idea!

On 22/06/18 07:31, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> to try to encourage third-party opcode development, we have discussed putting together
> a simple plugin opcode SDK. So to kick this off, I’ve started a new repo in the Csound
> project with the basics of this (CMake scripts and trivial examples)
>
> https://github.com/csound/opcode_sdk
>
> it should be easy enough to fork this and start developing. Further documentation
> may be added, as well as other examples, but this should be enough to get people
> started.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

Re: [Csnd-dev] opcode SDK

Sorry not be confused as ever but surely the multiple example in in multiple.cis wrong?  It calls the vector version.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Jun 22, 2018, 11:32, at 11:32, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>to try to encourage third-party opcode development, we have discussed
>putting together
>a simple plugin opcode SDK. So to kick this off, I’ve started a new
>repo in the Csound
>project with the basics of this (CMake scripts and trivial examples)
>
>https://github.com/csound/opcode_sdk
>
>it should be easy enough to fork this and start developing. Further
>documentation
>may be added, as well as other examples, but this should be enough to
>get people
>started.
>========================
>Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>Maynooth University,
>Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>Tel: 00 353 7086936
>Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

Re: [Csnd-dev] opcode SDK

Victor Lazzarini-2
yes, that was wrong.

> On 22 Jun 2018, at 13:01, John ff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry not be confused as ever but surely the multiple example in in multiple.cis wrong?  It calls the vector version.
>
> ⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
>
> On Jun 22, 2018, 11:32, at 11:32, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> to try to encourage third-party opcode development, we have discussed
>> putting together
>> a simple plugin opcode SDK. So to kick this off, I’ve started a new
>> repo in the Csound
>> project with the basics of this (CMake scripts and trivial examples)
>>
>> https://github.com/csound/opcode_sdk
>>
>> it should be easy enough to fork this and start developing. Further
>> documentation
>> may be added, as well as other examples, but this should be enough to
>> get people
>> started.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

Re: [Csnd-dev] opcode SDK

Felipe Sateler
This looks interesting. Any reason FindCsound is not provided by csound itself though?

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler

Re: [Csnd-dev] opcode SDK

Victor Lazzarini-2
I thought of that, but did not look into how to  do it.

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler