[Csnd-dev] error message improvement

joachim-3
when i call an instrument which does not exist, i get this error message:

instr Bla
endin
schedule "bla", 0, 1
-> could not find playing instr 1.000000

can this error message be changed to something like:
"could not find instr 'bla'" ?

thanks -
        joachim

Re: [Csnd-dev] error message improvement

jpff
I cannot see how you get that message as it appears on my to be in turning off an instument, but I will look further.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Mar 10, 2018, 08:32, at 08:32, joachim heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:

>when i call an instrument which does not exist, i get this error
>message:
>
>instr Bla
>endin
>schedule "bla", 0, 1
>-> could not find playing instr 1.000000
>
>can this error message be changed to something like:
>"could not find instr 'bla'" ?
>
>thanks -
> joachim

Re: [Csnd-dev] error message improvement

I see

WARNING: instr bla not found
could not find playing instr 1.000000

Still not sure where the second message comes from.

On Sat, 10 Mar 2018, joachim heintz wrote:

> when i call an instrument which does not exist, i get this error message:
>
> instr Bla
> endin
> schedule "bla", 0, 1
> -> could not find playing instr 1.000000
>
> can this error message be changed to something like:
> "could not find instr 'bla'" ?
>
> thanks -
> joachim

Re: [Csnd-dev] error message improvement

OK i understad and it isnot what it seems.  The name does not resolve so
it returns -1 , but the event insertion does not check so it s treated as
turn off instrumnt 1.  Not sure how to fix yet.

On Sat, 10 Mar 2018, joachim heintz wrote:

> when i call an instrument which does not exist, i get this error message:
>
> instr Bla
> endin
> schedule "bla", 0, 1
> -> could not find playing instr 1.000000
>
> can this error message be changed to something like:
> "could not find instr 'bla'" ?
>
> thanks -
> joachim

Re: [Csnd-dev] error message improvement

I believe version in git is correct and gives better error messages in the
cases.
==John ff

Re: [Csnd-dev] error message improvement

joachim-3
yes, the error message is now:

WARNING: instr bla not found
insert_score_event(): invalid named instrument
INIT ERROR in instr 0: event_i: error creating 'i' event
        schedule.S "bla" 0 1
header init errors

thanks, john!

        joachim