[Csnd-dev] Unit Test Framework

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I saw a message about Unit Testing frameworks from Stephen and that
reminded me we had a conversation about this a while back.  It seems
CUnit is not maintained and not easy to get working for MSVC (if I
remember correctly). I haven't looked into C unit testing libraries,
but there's a long list on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unit_testing_frameworks#C

Anyone have thoughts on what framework to use?

Re: [Csnd-dev] Unit Test Framework

Michael Gogins-2
As you probably already know AppVeyor pre-installs NUnit, xUnit, and
Machine.Specifications, all of which appear to be .NET based test
runners.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I saw a message about Unit Testing frameworks from Stephen and that
> reminded me we had a conversation about this a while back.  It seems
> CUnit is not maintained and not easy to get working for MSVC (if I
> remember correctly). I haven't looked into C unit testing libraries,
> but there's a long list on Wikipedia:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unit_testing_frameworks#C
>
> Anyone have thoughts on what framework to use?
>
> steven

Re: [Csnd-dev] Unit Test Framework

Steven Yi
Being .Net only seems like a non-starter as we need the tests to run
on Linux and OSX too.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Michael Gogins
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> As you probably already know AppVeyor pre-installs NUnit, xUnit, and
> Machine.Specifications, all of which appear to be .NET based test
> runners.

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I saw a message about Unit Testing frameworks from Stephen and that
>> reminded me we had a conversation about this a while back.  It seems
>> CUnit is not maintained and not easy to get working for MSVC (if I
>> remember correctly). I haven't looked into C unit testing libraries,
>> but there's a long list on Wikipedia:
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unit_testing_frameworks#C
>>
>> Anyone have thoughts on what framework to use?
>>
>> steven

Re: [Csnd-dev] Unit Test Framework

Stephen Kyne

What about using Google Test?