Quantcast

[Csnd-dev] Release?

I caught one sentence from one mail by Victor saying "...we have not released yet... " - is there a plan to relase Csound 6.09 soon? About when then?

I am asking since I have not had almost any chance to work with CsoundQt these months and I am considering what is best to do - if there is couple of weeks, I would do some minor bug-fixes, cherry-pick and test some improvements by Michael (but still not the whole html support this time) and mark it with version 0.9.4 for the release

If there is less time, I would like to test and build against release-candidate of Csound 6.09, OSX at least - is it or will it be uploaded somewhere?

Or - I believe the current version (0.9.3) should work also fine, this can be most likely used in the installer as well, if needed and seems to work.

Thanks!

tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] Release?

Victor Lazzarini
We have not discussed a timeline yet, maybe we should?

> On 21 Mar 2017, at 07:15, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I caught one sentence from one mail by Victor saying "...we have not released yet... " - is there a plan to relase Csound 6.09 soon? About when then?
> I am asking since I have not had almost any chance to work with CsoundQt these months and I am considering what is best to do - if there is couple of weeks, I would do some minor bug-fixes, cherry-pick and test some improvements by Michael (but still not the whole html support this time) and mark it with version 0.9.4 for the release
> If there is less time, I would like to test and build against release-candidate of Csound 6.09, OSX at least - is it or will it be uploaded somewhere?
> Or - I believe the current version (0.9.3) should work also fine, this can be most likely used in the installer as well, if needed and seems to work.
> Thanks!
> tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] Release?

jpff
I think the last release was about the end of November.  Since then thee
have been lots of internal changes but fewer user-visible ones except the
usual complement if bug-fixes.  i have started to create a release note
which I will commit soon.  Wen wee you contemplating a release?
==Jon

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> We have not discussed a timeline yet, maybe we should?
>

> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 21 Mar 2017, at 07:15, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I caught one sentence from one mail by Victor saying "...we have not released yet... " - is there a plan to relase Csound 6.09 soon? About when then?
>> I am asking since I have not had almost any chance to work with CsoundQt these months and I am considering what is best to do - if there is couple of weeks, I would do some minor bug-fixes, cherry-pick and test some improvements by Michael (but still not the whole html support this time) and mark it with version 0.9.4 for the release
>> If there is less time, I would like to test and build against release-candidate of Csound 6.09, OSX at least - is it or will it be uploaded somewhere?
>> Or - I believe the current version (0.9.3) should work also fine, this can be most likely used in the installer as well, if needed and seems to work.
>> Thanks!
>> tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] Release?

Victor Lazzarini
I’d say mid- to late- April? After Easter? What do people think? We need to go through the issues to see what’s outstanding. Are all the
macro and score bugs fixed?

> On 21 Mar 2017, at 14:45, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think the last release was about the end of November.  Since then thee have been lots of internal changes but fewer user-visible ones except the usual complement if bug-fixes.  i have started to create a release note which I will commit soon.  Wen wee you contemplating a release?
> ==Jon
>
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2017, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>
>> We have not discussed a timeline yet, maybe we should?
>>

>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 21 Mar 2017, at 07:15, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I caught one sentence from one mail by Victor saying "...we have not released yet... " - is there a plan to relase Csound 6.09 soon? About when then?
>>> I am asking since I have not had almost any chance to work with CsoundQt these months and I am considering what is best to do - if there is couple of weeks, I would do some minor bug-fixes, cherry-pick and test some improvements by Michael (but still not the whole html support this time) and mark it with version 0.9.4 for the release
>>> If there is less time, I would like to test and build against release-candidate of Csound 6.09, OSX at least - is it or will it be uploaded somewhere?
>>> Or - I believe the current version (0.9.3) should work also fine, this can be most likely used in the installer as well, if needed and seems to work.
>>> Thanks!
>>> tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] Release?

rorywalsh
I think after Easter sounds good.

On 21 March 2017 at 15:26, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’d say mid- to late- April? After Easter? What do people think? We need to go through the issues to see what’s outstanding. Are all the
macro and score bugs fixed?

> On 21 Mar 2017, at 14:45, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think the last release was about the end of November.  Since then thee have been lots of internal changes but fewer user-visible ones except the usual complement if bug-fixes.  i have started to create a release note which I will commit soon.  Wen wee you contemplating a release?
> ==Jon
>
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2017, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>
>> We have not discussed a timeline yet, maybe we should?
>>

>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 21 Mar 2017, at 07:15, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I caught one sentence from one mail by Victor saying "...we have not released yet... " - is there a plan to relase Csound 6.09 soon? About when then?
>>> I am asking since I have not had almost any chance to work with CsoundQt these months and I am considering what is best to do - if there is couple of weeks, I would do some minor bug-fixes, cherry-pick and test some improvements by Michael (but still not the whole html support this time) and mark it with version 0.9.4 for the release
>>> If there is less time, I would like to test and build against release-candidate of Csound 6.09, OSX at least - is it or will it be uploaded somewhere?
>>> Or - I believe the current version (0.9.3) should work also fine, this can be most likely used in the installer as well, if needed and seems to work.
>>> Thanks!
>>> tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] Release?

Tarmo Johannes-3
Ok,
Sounds good, I will prepare new version of CsoundQt by that time.
Tarmo

21.03.2017 18:09 kirjutas kuupäeval "Rory Walsh" <[hidden email]>:
I think after Easter sounds good.

On 21 March 2017 at 15:26, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’d say mid- to late- April? After Easter? What do people think? We need to go through the issues to see what’s outstanding. Are all the
macro and score bugs fixed?

> On 21 Mar 2017, at 14:45, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think the last release was about the end of November.  Since then thee have been lots of internal changes but fewer user-visible ones except the usual complement if bug-fixes.  i have started to create a release note which I will commit soon.  Wen wee you contemplating a release?
> ==Jon
>
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2017, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>
>> We have not discussed a timeline yet, maybe we should?
>>

>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 21 Mar 2017, at 07:15, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I caught one sentence from one mail by Victor saying "...we have not released yet... " - is there a plan to relase Csound 6.09 soon? About when then?
>>> I am asking since I have not had almost any chance to work with CsoundQt these months and I am considering what is best to do - if there is couple of weeks, I would do some minor bug-fixes, cherry-pick and test some improvements by Michael (but still not the whole html support this time) and mark it with version 0.9.4 for the release
>>> If there is less time, I would like to test and build against release-candidate of Csound 6.09, OSX at least - is it or will it be uploaded somewhere?
>>> Or - I believe the current version (0.9.3) should work also fine, this can be most likely used in the installer as well, if needed and seems to work.
>>> Thanks!
>>> tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] Release?

Sounds good to me. I think we'll have things compiling with Visual
Studio by then, and I hope to translate the zdf filters from UDOs to C
shortly. (I think there's an issue in the 6.x milestone that applies
to that task.)

I've gone ahead and created a 6.09.0 milestone in the Github issue
tracker. We should comb through the issues and tag with 6.09.0 to see
what we have left to do.