[Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?

[Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?

hlolli
This is probably an old debate, but would it be possible in the future versions of Csound to allow rational numbers in the Score? What I'd like to be able to achieve is for example to see 4th/8th and 16th part notes as 1/4 1/8 1/16 in p3 parameters. Not important but would be handy and visually helpful feature.

Best,
Hlöðver

Re: [Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?

Victor Lazzarini-2
You can do it: just use expression syntax.

[1/4] etc

> On 4 Sep 2017, at 19:05, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This is probably an old debate, but would it be possible in the future versions of Csound to allow rational numbers in the Score? What I'd like to be able to achieve is for example to see 4th/8th and 16th part notes as 1/4 1/8 1/16 in p3 parameters. Not important but would be handy and visually helpful feature.
>
> Best,
> Hlöðver

Re: [Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?

hlolli
Ok, I had ruled the expression syntax out as its illeagal rt scoreline

illegal RT scoreline:
i 1 0 [1/16] 6.00

but for non-realtime the expression syntax works.

The expression syntax is two extra keystrokes, I can live with that. In general I write very little CsScore so I think it would bother me more if I were to write long scores.

Anyway just thinking out loud.

On 4 September 2017 at 20:08, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can do it: just use expression syntax.

[1/4] etc

> On 4 Sep 2017, at 19:05, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This is probably an old debate, but would it be possible in the future versions of Csound to allow rational numbers in the Score? What I'd like to be able to achieve is for example to see 4th/8th and 16th part notes as 1/4 1/8 1/16 in p3 parameters. Not important but would be handy and visually helpful feature.
>
> Best,
> Hlöðver

Re: [Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?

Victor Lazzarini-2
It should work with ReadScore, as far as I can remember. I introduced ReadScore to
cater for that (as opposed to InputMessage),
but I can't recall what works and what doesn't.

On 4 Sep 2017, at 19:17, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ok, I had ruled the expression syntax out as its illeagal rt scoreline

illegal RT scoreline:
i 1 0 [1/16] 6.00

but for non-realtime the expression syntax works.

The expression syntax is two extra keystrokes, I can live with that. In general I write very little CsScore so I think it would bother me more if I were to write long scores.

Anyway just thinking out loud.

On 4 September 2017 at 20:08, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can do it: just use expression syntax.

[1/4] etc

> On 4 Sep 2017, at 19:05, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This is probably an old debate, but would it be possible in the future versions of Csound to allow rational numbers in the Score? What I'd like to be able to achieve is for example to see 4th/8th and 16th part notes as 1/4 1/8 1/16 in p3 parameters. Not important but would be handy and visually helpful feature.
>
> Best,
> Hlöðver

Re: [Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?

hlolli
Ok now the difference between readScore and inputMessage make more sense. Thanks for the info!