Quantcast

[Csnd-dev] Merge time for no-pthread branch?

[Csnd-dev] Merge time for no-pthread branch?

Steven Yi
Hi All,

Stephen Kyne has finished the changes regarding lrint in the
no-pthread branch. From what I see, the version of Csound compiled
with MSVC is now running faster than the MinGW version.

What I'd like to propose now is that we merge the no-pthread branch
back into develop.  Stephen and I can continue our Visual Studio
related work, and we won't have to keep merging develop into the
no-pthread branch. I think it's stable now to use for building with
Visual Studio, and I think it's also building/running on other
platforms with the light testing I've done.  I think it'd be faster to
test/diagnose any problems if the work is back in develop now.

Bernt also reminded me about Bela and getting a non-thread version
going for that. I think the changes in the no-pthread branch are most
of the way there.

So... anyone mind if we do the merge now back into develop?

Re: [Csnd-dev] Merge time for no-pthread branch?

Go for it. Well done, Steven & Stephen, it's a great job.

> On 31 Mar 2017, at 23:44, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Stephen Kyne has finished the changes regarding lrint in the
> no-pthread branch. From what I see, the version of Csound compiled
> with MSVC is now running faster than the MinGW version.
>
> What I'd like to propose now is that we merge the no-pthread branch
> back into develop.  Stephen and I can continue our Visual Studio
> related work, and we won't have to keep merging develop into the
> no-pthread branch. I think it's stable now to use for building with
> Visual Studio, and I think it's also building/running on other
> platforms with the light testing I've done.  I think it'd be faster to
> test/diagnose any problems if the work is back in develop now.
>
> Bernt also reminded me about Bela and getting a non-thread version
> going for that. I think the changes in the no-pthread branch are most
> of the way there.
>
> So... anyone mind if we do the merge now back into develop?
>
> Thanks!
> steven

Re: [Csnd-dev] Merge time for no-pthread branch?

Steven Yi
Thanks all, I've just merged and pushed. I'll be doing some testing
but if you find any issues please report here and I will look into it
(or feel free to fix and commit changes).