Quantcast

[Csnd-dev] Intel MKL

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I saw this library mentioned on a Clojure mailing list:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-mkl

I couldn't figure out about license, but the benchmarks seemed
intriguing and that it could be dropped in for things like BLAS seemed
handy.

Anyways, thought it worth mentioning!

Re: [Csnd-dev] Intel MKL

Victor Lazzarini
interesting. Worth a look.

> On 22 Mar 2017, at 23:40, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I saw this library mentioned on a Clojure mailing list:
>
> https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-mkl
>
> I couldn't figure out about license, but the benchmarks seemed
> intriguing and that it could be dropped in for things like BLAS seemed
> handy.
>
> Anyways, thought it worth mentioning!
> steven

Re: [Csnd-dev] Intel MKL

Michael Gogins-2
It was proprietary software, paid for by developer seat. Now it can be used freely.

In my experience the C++ header only library Eigen offers very good performance. Boost::numeric::ublas is OK and can be installed easily on most systems.

I suggest we do some tests and see what using MKL versus the alternatives gets us.

On Mar 23, 2017 5:53 PM, "Victor Lazzarini" <[hidden email]> wrote:
interesting. Worth a look.

> On 22 Mar 2017, at 23:40, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I saw this library mentioned on a Clojure mailing list:
>
> https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-mkl
>
> I couldn't figure out about license, but the benchmarks seemed
> intriguing and that it could be dropped in for things like BLAS seemed
> handy.
>
> Anyways, thought it worth mentioning!
> steven

Re: [Csnd-dev] Intel MKL

Michael Gogins-2
Here are some recent benchmarks.

Mir is in D and is open source. MKL and Mir are faster than Eigen. But Eigen can be used as a nice interface for MKL.