[Csnd-dev] Html Api

We have been working hard with Michael on html support in CsoundQt. It is ready for testing, including running html files that use csound api. I am very much for the idea that Html could be one universal layer for UI on different platforms and it should have similar API - so you can use the same files on Android, Csound for Node.js, CsoundQt, Csound-Wasm, Csoind- Emscripten.

I would like to start a discussion, I believe mostly addresses to Victor, Michael, Ed, how to make the API calls as similar as possible to make the files interchangeable.

One difference for example is that in Csound-wasm you need to call csound.start() for performance, Csound Android, Csound for Node and CsoundQt csound.start() and then csound.perform() as in C Api.

What do you think do we need any changes for that or what is the way forward?

Michael, you can probably comment this matter better?

Tarmo

Re: [Csnd-dev] Html Api

eddyc
Hi,

I am quite busy with other projects at the moment and won’t be able to make much of a contribution here, but this just reminded me of something I was thinking about yesterday, it seems there are currently 3 different APIs now for using Csound from Javascript, that is:

This is perhaps not so efficient, I’m not sure how these apis could be combined or could at least share some components, perhaps it would be logistically difficult, but it seems that having everyone working on one javascript api rather than 3 would be more efficient.
Thanks
Ed

Hi,