[Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Hello List.
Simple question.
Is it possible to write Csound Plugins that create a new GEN routine?
If so...can anyone point at some code example if any?
Best
Pablo

--
Dr. Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Profesor Titular
Universidad Nacional de Quilmes
Argentina

Re: [Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

gsenna
Hi Pablo,

I've implemented this last year:
https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/Opcodes/quadbezier.c

I used this as a model:
https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/Opcodes/fareygen.c

I'd love to know if there's a chance of developing them using C++. It's
so easy to develop with the new plugin.h header now!

On 19/05/17 16:16, Oscar Pablo Di Liscia wrote:
> Hello List.
> Simple question.
> Is it possible to write Csound Plugins that create a new GEN routine?
> If so...can anyone point at some code example if any?
> Best
> Pablo

Re: [Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

Victor Lazzarini
Not yet, but I will try to design it.

> On 19 May 2017, at 20:36, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Pablo,
>
> I've implemented this last year:
> https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/Opcodes/quadbezier.c
>
> I used this as a model:
> https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/Opcodes/fareygen.c
>
> I'd love to know if there's a chance of developing them using C++. It's
> so easy to develop with the new plugin.h header now!
>

>> On 19/05/17 16:16, Oscar Pablo Di Liscia wrote:
>> Hello List.
>> Simple question.
>> Is it possible to write Csound Plugins that create a new GEN routine?
>> If so...can anyone point at some code example if any?
>> Best
>> Pablo

Re: [Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

gsenna
Great to hear that, Victor! There was something about a const interator
in that header that wasn't returning a real const, but I forgot to make
a note in the moment. I'll see if I can find it after I come back.

On 19/05/17 16:39, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Not yet, but I will try to design it.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 19 May 2017, at 20:36, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Pablo,
>>
>> I've implemented this last year:
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/Opcodes/quadbezier.c
>>
>> I used this as a model:
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/Opcodes/fareygen.c
>>
>> I'd love to know if there's a chance of developing them using C++. It's
>> so easy to develop with the new plugin.h header now!
>>

>>> On 19/05/17 16:16, Oscar Pablo Di Liscia wrote:
>>> Hello List.
>>> Simple question.
>>> Is it possible to write Csound Plugins that create a new GEN routine?
>>> If so...can anyone point at some code example if any?
>>> Best
>>> Pablo

Re: [Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

Victor Lazzarini
Let me know and I will fix it.

> On 19 May 2017, at 20:46, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Great to hear that, Victor! There was something about a const interator
> in that header that wasn't returning a real const, but I forgot to make
> a note in the moment. I'll see if I can find it after I come back.
>

> On 19/05/17 16:39, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> Not yet, but I will try to design it.
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 19 May 2017, at 20:36, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Pablo,
>>>
>>> I've implemented this last year:
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/Opcodes/quadbezier.c
>>>
>>> I used this as a model:
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/Opcodes/fareygen.c
>>>
>>> I'd love to know if there's a chance of developing them using C++. It's
>>> so easy to develop with the new plugin.h header now!

Re: [Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Great.
Many thanks Guillermo.
Best

--
Dr. Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Profesor Titular
Director Programa de Investigación "Sistemas Temporales y Síntesis Espacial de Sonido en el Arte Sonoro"
Escuela Universitaria de Artes
Universidad Nacional de Quilmes
Argentina

Re: [Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

gsenna
Hey Victor,

I know what it was. Although having begin() and end() overloaded on
const, the Vector class template is missing cbegin() and cend(). Of
course one could just use a const reference to the object, but why every
other class template has those member functions and Vector doesn't?

Cheers.

On 19/05/17 18:03, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Let me know and I will fix it.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 19 May 2017, at 20:46, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Great to hear that, Victor! There was something about a const interator
>> in that header that wasn't returning a real const, but I forgot to make
>> a note in the moment. I'll see if I can find it after I come back.
>>

>> On 19/05/17 16:39, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>> Not yet, but I will try to design it.
>>>
>>> Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>>> Maynooth University
>>> Ireland

Re: [Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

Victor Lazzarini
There is a typo in the code, they're there but are called begin and end as well, without the  c. I will fix it when I get to the computer.

> On 21 May 2017, at 12:53, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey Victor,
>
> I know what it was. Although having begin() and end() overloaded on
> const, the Vector class template is missing cbegin() and cend(). Of
> course one could just use a const reference to the object, but why every
> other class template has those member functions and Vector doesn't?
>
> Cheers.
>

>> On 19/05/17 18:03, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> Let me know and I will fix it.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 19 May 2017, at 20:46, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Great to hear that, Victor! There was something about a const interator
>>> in that header that wasn't returning a real const, but I forgot to make
>>> a note in the moment. I'll see if I can find it after I come back.

Re: [Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

gsenna
But shouldn't we have both (the overloaded and cbegin/cend) versions
like std::vector does?

On 21/05/17 11:53, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> There is a typo in the code, they're there but are called begin and end as well, without the  c. I will fix it when I get to the computer.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 21 May 2017, at 12:53, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Victor,
>>
>> I know what it was. Although having begin() and end() overloaded on
>> const, the Vector class template is missing cbegin() and cend(). Of
>> course one could just use a const reference to the object, but why every
>> other class template has those member functions and Vector doesn't?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>>> On 19/05/17 18:03, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>> Let me know and I will fix it.
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

Re: [Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

Victor Lazzarini
 No, we need separate ones. C++ does not overload on return types.

> On 21 May 2017, at 16:36, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> But shouldn't we have both (the overloaded and cbegin/cend) versions
> like std::vector does?
>

>> On 21/05/17 11:53, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> There is a typo in the code, they're there but are called begin and end as well, without the  c. I will fix it when I get to the computer.
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 21 May 2017, at 12:53, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Victor,
>>>
>>> I know what it was. Although having begin() and end() overloaded on
>>> const, the Vector class template is missing cbegin() and cend(). Of
>>> course one could just use a const reference to the object, but why every
>>> other class template has those member functions and Vector doesn't?
>>>
>>> Cheers.

Re: [Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

gsenna
No, but you can overload based on the const-ness of the object. Right
now, it's building successfully because of that (I think).

On 21/05/17 13:01, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

>  No, we need separate ones. C++ does not overload on return types.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 21 May 2017, at 16:36, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> But shouldn't we have both (the overloaded and cbegin/cend) versions
>> like std::vector does?
>>

>>> On 21/05/17 11:53, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>> There is a typo in the code, they're there but are called begin and end as well, without the  c. I will fix it when I get to the computer.
>>>
>>> Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>>> Maynooth University
>>> Ireland

Re: [Csnd-dev] GEN Plugin

Victor Lazzarini
None of the other classes do that, I guess I can extend them to do it.