[Csnd-dev] Does scsort work?

Francois PINOT
When I run this command

   scsort < anyscorefile.sco

I don't get any output. Is there a problem with the API function csoundScoreSort?

François

Re: [Csnd-dev] Does scsort work?

jpff
Well fails for me.  I notice that the comments for csoundScoreSort says

"The Csound instance should be initialised with csoundPreCompile()
before calling this function"

which it does not do -- it calls csoundCreate.  Not my area of knowledg; I
realise it gives my nameas copyright holder but this utility was totally
rewritten by Istvan

Needs an API user to comment.

Using gdb I notice that no message comes ourt from the message callback
akthough it is called.  It attemots to send incorrect messages like
"unexpected EOF" and the usual csound ending mesage,

==JPff

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018, Francois PINOT wrote:

> When I run this command
>
>    scsort < anyscorefile.sco
>
> I don't get any output. Is there a problem with the API function
> csoundScoreSort?
>
> François

Re: [Csnd-dev] Does scsort work?

Victor Lazzarini-2
There is no csoundPreCompile() anymore, that was removed in 6.

> On 26 Apr 2018, at 13:57, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Well fails for me.  I notice that the comments for csoundScoreSort says
>
> "The Csound instance should be initialised with csoundPreCompile()
> before calling this function"
>
> which it does not do -- it calls csoundCreate.  Not my area of knowledg; I realise it gives my nameas copyright holder but this utility was totally rewritten by Istvan
>
> Needs an API user to comment.
>

> Using gdb I notice that no message comes ourt from the message callback akthough it is called.  It attemots to send incorrect messages like "unexpected EOF" and the usual csound ending mesage,
>
> ==JPff
>
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2018, Francois PINOT wrote:
>
>> When I run this command
>>    scsort < anyscorefile.sco
>> I don't get any output. Is there a problem with the API function
>> csoundScoreSort?
>> François

Re: [Csnd-dev] Does scsort work?

I think this is a side effect of te new score parser.  Will experiment
(but do not understad the lack of output -- sees messages are tred off.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018, Francois PINOT wrote:

> When I run this command
>
>    scsort < anyscorefile.sco
>
> I don't get any output. Is there a problem with the API function
> csoundScoreSort?
>
> François

Re: [Csnd-dev] Does scsort work?

Believe fixed in git that is it works for me

Not sure why printing sometime fails.

Re: [Csnd-dev] Does scsort work?

Francois PINOT
Works now. Thank you John.

François

Believe fixed in git that is it works for me

Not sure why printing sometime fails.

Re: [Csnd-dev] Does scsort work?

Menno Knevel
Never worked with scsort, so i looked in the manual and noticed:
scscort < infile > outfile

shouldn't that be
scsort < infile > outfile ?? (typo)

Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-Dev-f1123218.html

Re: [Csnd-dev] Does scsort work?

Francois PINOT
In fact infile and outfile are streams (you can see that from the redirection characters < or >). This means that if you don't specify explicitly a stream it is replaced by stdin or stdout (default streams on *nix systems).

For example if you run the command scsort without any arg, you can directly type score events and when you type ctrl-d this ends the input stream and the sorted score is printed out on the screen.

François

Never worked with scsort, so i looked in the manual and noticed:
scscort < infile > outfile

shouldn't that be
scsort < infile > outfile ?? (typo)

Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-Dev-f1123218.html

Re: [Csnd-dev] Does scsort work?

Victor Lazzarini-2
I think he was referring to scsort vs. scscort !

> On 26 Apr 2018, at 15:12, Francois PINOT <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In fact infile and outfile are streams (you can see that from the redirection characters < or >). This means that if you don't specify explicitly a stream it is replaced by stdin or stdout (default streams on *nix systems).
>
> For example if you run the command scsort without any arg, you can directly type score events and when you type ctrl-d this ends the input stream and the sorted score is printed out on the screen.
>
> François

> Never worked with scsort, so i looked in the manual and noticed:
> scscort < infile > outfile
>
> shouldn't that be
> scsort < infile > outfile ?? (typo)
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-Dev-f1123218.html

Re: [Csnd-dev] Does scsort work?

Francois PINOT
Oh yes. He's right. It's a typo in the manual. Fixed in github.

François