[Csnd] detect chords from audio - spectrum

[Csnd] detect chords from audio - spectrum

Roger Kelly-2
I am trying to devise a method to check notes down on a keyboard from an audio in source.

Could the "spectrum" opcode be used to detect what keys are down? Assuming they would show peaks in the bins from the FFT.

If so, what might a sample orc look like?

Re: [Csnd] detect chords from audio - spectrum

jpff
There are a number of pitch detection opcodes, the best depends on the sound.

Sent from TypeApp
On 2 Jul 2017, at 16:43, Roger Kelly <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to devise a method to check notes down on a keyboard from an audio in source.

Could the "spectrum" opcode be used to detect what keys are down? Assuming they would show peaks in the bins from the FFT.

If so, what might a sample orc look like?

Re: [Csnd] detect chords from audio - spectrum

Partev Barr Sarkissian

I bracket frequencies of instruments prior to a mix, and use a real time FFT display
to assist. Yes they show as peaks,... but so do the partials. Some fancy filtering might help
to bring out the notes and less of the partials.

I use a DAW with an EQ (which I leave bypassed to just use the FFT) that has a
real time FFT display capability. Found the FFT to be useful.

Also check with C4DM at QMUL and CCRMA at Stanford, CA, USA. There are some
people doing some interesting work along those lines.

-PBS

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

Re: [Csnd] detect chords from audio - spectrum

zappfinger
Can't you use the midi output from the keyboard?

Re: [Csnd] detect chords from audio - spectrum

Roger Kelly-2
Long story short, I am trying to use a keyboard with no MIDI on board and detect notes down/up.  I tried "pitchamdf" -- works nicely for monophonic, but trying to solve the polyphony now.