[Csnd] csound plugins manual pages

moguillansky
The man pages for external plugins are online here:
https://csound-plugins.github.io/csound-plugins/

These pages can also be used offline, see the documentation. The whole
site is built from the man pages for each opcode.

The plugins repo is now under its own organisation:
https://github.com/csound-plugins/csound-plugins

best,
Eduardo

Re: [Csnd] csound plugins manual pages

Steven Yi
Hi Eduardo,

This looks great, thanks very much!

My only question is, would this be easier to find if part of the csound organization?  We can certainly add it and have you be administrator for the repo if you'd like.

steven

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 11:11 AM Eduardo Moguillansky <[hidden email]> wrote:
The man pages for external plugins are online here:
https://csound-plugins.github.io/csound-plugins/

These pages can also be used offline, see the documentation. The whole
site is built from the man pages for each opcode.

The plugins repo is now under its own organisation:
https://github.com/csound-plugins/csound-plugins

best,
Eduardo

Re: [Csnd] csound plugins manual pages

gsenna
Great work, Eduardo!

On Di, Mar 19, 2019 at 4:48 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Eduardo,
>
> This looks great, thanks very much!
>
> My only question is, would this be easier to find if part of the
> csound organization?  We can certainly add it and have you be
> administrator for the repo if you'd like.

I created the organisation in order to host the man pages there (they
are created with mkdocs, which makes it very simple to host on github
pages). I think that it might be possible to host pages for a project
rather than for a user/organisation. But honestly I would first like to
see that this is used and contributed to for a while.

> steven
>

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 11:11 AM Eduardo Moguillansky
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The man pages for external plugins are online here:
>> https://csound-plugins.github.io/csound-plugins/
>>
>>  These pages can also be used offline, see the documentation. The
>> whole
>>  site is built from the man pages for each opcode.
>>
>>  The plugins repo is now under its own organisation:
>> https://github.com/csound-plugins/csound-plugins
>>
>>  best,
>>  Eduardo
>>
>>  Csound mailing list
>>  Send bugs reports to
>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>  Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>  Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] csound plugins manual pages

rorywalsh
Hi Eduardo. When I get a chance I'll make a PR for continuous integration. Not so much to ensure that it always builds, but to provide binaries for people who want to try them out without having to build themselves. I'm using Azure DevOps at the moment which provides Windows and OSX build artefacts. And what do you think about adding a template for building with Victor's C++ framework? I think it would be nice to keep all 3rd party plugins together rather than over different repos. But if you would rather keep things simple I understand.

On Di, Mar 19, 2019 at 5:37 PM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Eduardo. When I get a chance I'll make a PR for continuous
> integration. Not so much to ensure that it always builds, but to
> provide binaries for people who want to try them out without having
> to build themselves.

That would be great. At the moment some of these plugins need to have
latest csound from git, which implies having a working build
environment.

Regarding a C++ template or example plugins, of course these can be
added (I probably need to adapt the cmake files for that)

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 at 16:09, Eduardo Moguillansky
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Di, Mar 19, 2019 at 4:48 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  > Hi Eduardo,
>>  >
>>  > This looks great, thanks very much!
>>  >
>>  > My only question is, would this be easier to find if part of the
>>  > csound organization?  We can certainly add it and have you be
>>  > administrator for the repo if you'd like.
>>  >
>>
>>  I created the organisation in order to host the man pages there
>> (they
>>  are created with mkdocs, which makes it very simple to host on
>> github
>>  pages). I think that it might be possible to host pages for a
>> project
>>  rather than for a user/organisation. But honestly I would first
>> like to
>>  see that this is used and contributed to for a while.
>>
>>  > steven
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 11:11 AM Eduardo Moguillansky
>>  > <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  >> The man pages for external plugins are online here:
>>  >> https://csound-plugins.github.io/csound-plugins/
>>  >>
>>  >>  These pages can also be used offline, see the documentation. The
>>  >> whole
>>  >>  site is built from the man pages for each opcode.
>>  >>
>>  >>  The plugins repo is now under its own organisation:
>>  >> https://github.com/csound-plugins/csound-plugins
>>  >>
>>  >>  best,
>>  >>  Eduardo
>>  >>
>>  >>  Csound mailing list
>>  >> [hidden email]
>>  >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>>  >>  Send bugs reports to
>>  >>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>  >>  Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>>  >  Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>  > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports
>>  > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>>  > features can be posted here
>>
>>  Csound mailing list
>>  Send bugs reports to
>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>  Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>  Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] csound plugins manual pages

Sure, no worries, just wanted to put the option out there. You can certainly host pages per project, but we also can add a subdomain or subfolder for URL.  For example, we have:

which is setup to resolve to the site hosted at:

And:

resolves to the pages for:

We could add a plugins.csound.com or csound.com/plugins or something along those lines that will resolve to this repo, wherever it is hosted in the future.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 12:09 PM Eduardo Moguillansky <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Di, Mar 19, 2019 at 4:48 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Eduardo,
>
> This looks great, thanks very much!
>
> My only question is, would this be easier to find if part of the
> csound organization?  We can certainly add it and have you be
> administrator for the repo if you'd like.

I created the organisation in order to host the man pages there (they
are created with mkdocs, which makes it very simple to host on github
pages). I think that it might be possible to host pages for a project
rather than for a user/organisation. But honestly I would first like to
see that this is used and contributed to for a while.

> steven
>

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 11:11 AM Eduardo Moguillansky
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The man pages for external plugins are online here:
>> https://csound-plugins.github.io/csound-plugins/
>>
>>  These pages can also be used offline, see the documentation. The
>> whole
>>  site is built from the man pages for each opcode.
>>
>>  The plugins repo is now under its own organisation:
>> https://github.com/csound-plugins/csound-plugins
>>
>>  best,
>>  Eduardo
>>
>>  Csound mailing list
>>  Send bugs reports to
>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>  Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>  Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] csound plugins manual pages

moguillansky

> We could add a plugins.csound.com or csound.com/plugins or something
> along those lines that will resolve to this repo, wherever it is
> hosted in the future.

That would be great, thanks.

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 12:09 PM Eduardo Moguillansky
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Di, Mar 19, 2019 at 4:48 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  > Hi Eduardo,
>>  >
>>  > This looks great, thanks very much!
>>  >
>>  > My only question is, would this be easier to find if part of the
>>  > csound organization?  We can certainly add it and have you be
>>  > administrator for the repo if you'd like.
>>  >
>>
>>  I created the organisation in order to host the man pages there
>> (they
>>  are created with mkdocs, which makes it very simple to host on
>> github
>>  pages). I think that it might be possible to host pages for a
>> project
>>  rather than for a user/organisation. But honestly I would first
>> like to
>>  see that this is used and contributed to for a while.
>>
>>  > steven
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 11:11 AM Eduardo Moguillansky
>>  > <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  >> The man pages for external plugins are online here:
>>  >> https://csound-plugins.github.io/csound-plugins/
>>  >>
>>  >>  These pages can also be used offline, see the documentation. The
>>  >> whole
>>  >>  site is built from the man pages for each opcode.
>>  >>
>>  >>  The plugins repo is now under its own organisation:
>>  >> https://github.com/csound-plugins/csound-plugins
>>  >>
>>  >>  best,
>>  >>  Eduardo
>>  >>
>>  >>  Csound mailing list
>>  >> [hidden email]
>>  >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>>  >>  Send bugs reports to
>>  >>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>  >>  Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>>  >  Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>  > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports
>>  > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>>  > features can be posted here
>>
>>  Csound mailing list
>>  Send bugs reports to
>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>  Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>  Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] csound plugins manual pages

That would be great. At the moment some of these plugins need to have
latest csound from git, which implies having a working build
environment.

We could set up a build environment in CI, but it would probably be best to simply link against the latest release. So I might hold out until 6.13 is out as I think it will make life easier.

Regarding a C++ template or example plugins, of course these can be
added (I probably need to adapt the cmake files for that)

Victor has a simple cmake build script for building plugins using his C++ framework. One could just use that.