[Csnd] csound .csd file playback from new computer command line

[Csnd] csound .csd file playback from new computer command line

patrick1983
I have been getting some basic .csd files written in Atom including the "myfirstsynthesizer.csd" file from the csounds.com website which I copied and pasted to use as my solid code file for running csound .csd files from the Terminal.
But as for my issue:
When I enter: csound myfirstsynthesizer.csd in the Terminal I don't get any audio and I tried with many other .csd files and the only ones that gave audio were .csd files that made use of the virtual_keyboard, which for some reason worked fine. Here is the code itself; very simple and reliable normally but my new setup has some bugs it seems.
<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsInstruments>

instr 1
aOut vco2 1, p4
out aOut
endin

</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>
i1 0 1 100
i1 1 1 200
i1 2 1 300
</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

My version of Atom has many packages that I have now disabled; in it might still be some leftover data or package file that is hindering the playback of the many .csd files I have that worked before when I was using TextWrangler - it never gave me this problem.
Also my CsoundQt works perfectly fine and I will use it for now but I do like to work from the command line a lot of the time.
Atom seems great especially for hacking and together with emacs; I would like to get my new computer in order to use all of these great tools. Any suggestions for me in this little hiccup would be greatly appreciated.
Patrick

Re: [Csnd] csound .csd file playback from new computer command line

jpff
By default csounf writes a sound file.  use option  -o dac to get realtime
sound